MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Virus in Attachment - What Can I Do, Please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe one of my members has uploaded an attachment with a virus?

What do I do in terms of locating it and getting rid of it, please?

Thank you for your time and help.
Admin panel >>> forum & posts >> attachments >> do a search from there.
Thanks, but how will that tell me if and which attachment has a virus, please?
Well if the user has uploaded a virus , id suggest you ban him and remove all his attachments. How do u know all his other attachments are safe ?
I love the fact you are trying to help me, but you're not actually giving me the help I am asking for.

I suspect one of the attachments has a virus - how do I go about checking this out, please?

Thanks
Well , the system cant check to see if it has a virus. All you can do is search the users name in your admin panel and look at what the user attached. If you suspect an attachment then you should see it while browsing his attachments.
How would it know if it's a virus...?? What makes you think they've uploaded a virus??
I think this might work: http://shopmybb.com/item/winpulse-scanner/4
I would probably wait until it's updated for 1.6, so you don't have to buy it twice.
What makes me think its a virus is a number of my members are now complaining they have been infecxted with a similiar error screen plus the fact that an old disgruntled member has claimed to know it was going to happen and the following day it did.

Thanks, fav, for your link. I'll look into it.
Why not, download the files in uploads folder to your PC via FTP and have a scan over it to find the file name?

That would be easier i guess.
Pages: 1 2