MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Account deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello im the founder of my site and my account has been deleted? How do i get it back with my administrative powers intact?
In phpMyAdmin change your primarygroup to 4.
(2010-08-06, 04:31 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello im the founder of my site and my account has been deleted? How do i get it back with my administrative powers intact?

First register a new account at your forum and then change its gid to 4 as stated above. You can do it with a query like this at phpmyadmin.

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = x;

Replace x with your new user id and if your tables use a custom prefix, then use that in the query instead of mybb_
(2010-08-06, 04:31 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello im the founder of my site and my account has been deleted? How do i get it back with my administrative powers intact?

Also to make sure your account does not get messed with by another admin you can make your account a super admin. In your forum folder open up the file inc/config.php.

Find

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Note that the '1' could be different depending if someone else changed this. Either just put your user id in the list or add a comma after the current list then add your id.

But my account is no longer in the database because it is deleted.
(2010-08-06, 04:43 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]But my account is no longer in the database because it is deleted.

That is why I said to register a new account first at my previous post Smile
(2010-08-06, 04:43 PM)Austin01 Wrote: [ -> ]But my account is no longer in the database because it is deleted.

Then you need to make a new account then do these steps. Im going to say your account data was completely lost.
Unless you deleted your own account in the ACP or you have other super admins, there's no way you could have deleted your account...
(2010-08-06, 04:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you deleted your own account in the ACP or you have other super admins, there's no way you could have deleted your account...

Actually yes, http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/1134 Jessie S. and I found out about it so I reported it as a security issue. I guess Ryan didn't think it was one. Undecided
That's merging accounts, not deleting your own...
Pages: 1 2 3