MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why are you upgrading from 1.4.13?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aside from the benefit of some new features, it seems to me like upgrading will cause great problems with incompatible plugins, and it's just a lot of work. I'm thinking about doing it but am afraid to take a bite into a can of works, to mangle metaphors. I as curious to hear other's reasons for upgrading.

Great work team Big Grin
Works perfect for me with all the plugins I need. That is why I updated. I am not really getting any errors. :p
(2010-08-07, 01:36 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Works perfect for me with all the plugins I need. That is why I updated. I am not really getting any errors. :p

Which plugins do you use?
I upgraded because I felt the plugins for 1.4 that were for 1.4 didn't work for me. All the plugins that I installed for 1.6 work with the exception of the stats and thank you.
I upgraded for the new features and the fact I could eliminate numerous plugins due to them becoming core features.

Everyone will need to upgrade eventually because 1.4 will no longer be updated or supported.

I've found all but one of my 1.4 plugins have either been updated already or still work with 1.6 anyway.
I liked the new features, especially delayed moderation. Smile
Ajax PM Notification
Dice Roll
EZ Gallery Lite
EZsql
GameSection
InfoBar
Memberlist Sorter
Menu Manager
My Awards
My Announcements Pro
MyShoutBox 1.3
MySpecs
NewPoints 1.5
Page Manager
Profile Buddies
Profile Comments
My Reputation
TagPad
Thankyou/Like system
MyThread Decorator
Undue Delete(doesn't work right though)
Username History w/restriction

:p And tons more, but I haven't tested the rest completely.

Edit:

Member of the week works as well.
(2010-08-07, 03:35 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Undue Delete(doesn't work right though)
It works!

I am getting an error with templates with it.
I want to prove that 1.6 is fast,
then absolutely correct!! lightning fast Wink
Pages: 1 2