MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wish I hadnt upgraded!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-08-08, 11:03 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Plus downgrading isn't supposed to be 'easy', no software I've ever used provides ways to downgrade.

*ahem* Vista. Toungue

Sorry guys not trying to be a hater at all. Ive recovered and reinstalled previous version completely so everything is fine now. I'm not a genius when it comes to all of this so many of the issues I'm sure are my fault. Luckily I backed everything up.

I appreciate myBB so please don't take anything I say personally. Just for the time being either my lack of experience or stupidity makes it better to stick with what was working great before upgrading to 1.6.

Why fix what isn't broken! So maybe Ill just hold off until 2.0 comes out.
No point in doing that because 1.4 support will end eventually. Plugins will get updated to 1.6 soon enough.
Okay Matt so might I get an answer here. Don't have the forum backup of the files on the forum, but do have the original sql database backup of 1.2. Ryan mentioned it won't upgrade because of a field missing. I am wondering if I go into phpmyadmin Huh and manually add a blank field with said name if I could then get the 1.6 update to successfully convert that 1.2 db to the new install upgrade? If not, is there a plan to allow the merge 1.6 to include db's older than 1.4? Thanks for the time and reply.
(2010-08-08, 12:38 AM)Mach1 Wrote: [ -> ]What I have noticed is the unbelievable amount of spam I'm suddenly receiving, on the average of about 100 bogus accounts a day for the last three days. Prior to 1.6 I was getting maybe 4-5.

Ehm, sorry, but this makes no sense what so ever. It's not like some guy on the other side of the world is sitting over at his computer, waiting for you to upgrade to 1.6, so that he can spam your site with hundreds of bogus accounts.

There is absolutely no difference between MyBB 1.4 and MyBB 1.6 that could have caused what you described. The entire registration process is the same as MyBB 1.4's. No difference what-so-ever. You can check yourself.

(2010-08-08, 07:01 PM)slickdude Wrote: [ -> ]Okay Matt so might I get an answer here. Don't have the forum backup of the files on the forum, but do have the original sql database backup of 1.2. Ryan mentioned it won't upgrade because of a field missing. I am wondering if I go into phpmyadmin Huh and manually add a blank field with said name if I could then get the 1.6 update to successfully convert that 1.2 db to the new install upgrade? If not, is there a plan to allow the merge 1.6 to include db's older than 1.4? Thanks for the time and reply.

Slickdude, please don't interrupt other peoples threads. You have your own for that and you can bump it every 24 hours that you don't receive a response. Someone will get to it eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3