MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Oh no, help guys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
None of the plugins are compatible Sad((((

Erm, The ones I used which said they aren't compatible are Login Password Conversion, Overview, Users Online Today, reCAPTCHA, Shoutbox and AJAX Shoutbox.

I am going to be hunting for solutions but... what should I do?

Thanks,

Elwave
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75646.html
Please read stickies in future Smile
And it's deleted all my blogs! And the member's avatars aren't there Sad This is terrible Sad
(2010-08-09, 04:04 PM)elwave Wrote: [ -> ]And it's deleted all my blogs! And the member's avatars aren't there Sad This is terrible Sad

What are you talking about? Can you be a little more specific? What deleted your avatars? The upgrade? That is not possible because the upgrade will upgrade your forum and not deelte anything.
hmm, they're not there in the member list page. I'll try to copy the blogs across if I stay on 1.6
This is why we tell people to plan their upgrades. If you need plugins that haven't been updated yet, then don't upgrade yet.

I'm starting to get tired of people complaining about plugins not working when it's been made very clear to people.
Ok, plugins fixed! Phew! hehe Smile

Now for the member list, blogs, and a couple of other things Smile

I really think it would be a good idea to put a little warning somewhere a bit more visible, or people won't see the plugin warning! Maybe in the upgrading wiki bit Smile
(2010-08-09, 04:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This is why we tell people to plan their upgrades. If you need plugins that haven't been updated yet, then don't upgrade yet.

I'm starting to get tired of people complaining about plugins not working when it's been made very clear to people.

That is understable you feel that way. Not to mention that most plugins will need only a very small edit to work with 1.6. but it looks like most users do not know the word search Big Grin
Sorry for the fuss guys, I guess I just panicked lol
(2010-08-09, 04:42 PM)elwave Wrote: [ -> ]I really think it would be a good idea to put a little warning somewhere a bit more visible, or people won't see the plugin warning! Maybe in the upgrading wiki bit Smile

You missed where it said 'You should plan your upgrade before attempting to perform it' on the blog announcement?? This means plan that all your plugins and themes are going to work to make sure everything will run smoothly. It should be taken as red that deactivating/uninstalling plugins is going to remove the data/changes they make.

I'm sure if people took more time planning upgrades, they'd be much better off and have less issues.
Pages: 1 2