MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change my website's category?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got this in an email:
"I am trying to acess your website, but my work is blocking it. It seems that they block all websites with a catagory of "none". I have no idea what that means or it can be changed, but if you have an idea what I am talking about, can you change it to some type of catagory so that I can visit the site. I don't hit the internet much from home."

Anyone know anything about this and how I can change the "category"?

Doesn't sound anything to with MyBB at all. You don't give anything a 'category'. Where are you hosted??
justhost
Ask them what they mean by a category, I have no idea what they're referring to.
I'll try that. thanks.
I know what they mean. It has to do with the information given on your website to search bots like google. Um... I forget how to change it. I think there was a recent mod that has the capability though. I will edit it if it does exist.

Edit: Ok, by entering this information it may help google and other things know your category. I don't see a category field in it though. It's been so long since I had had to deal with this.

The google seo plugin may also help the different search engines know the category. Oh, it isn't a search engine. Well, the filter at his job will be able to tell what kind of a site it is easier. :p
I've never set a 'category' for any sites I've ever made. I highly doubt every other site sets a 'category' that their site is in.
I have not done any search engine optimization or meta tags or descritions or anything yet. Do you think that could have something to do with it?
No, other things see what category your site is based on the content in it. It's been around for a long long time, since I first started working on websites. :p
No. This is the first time I've ever heard of such a thing since I first started with websites, I've never done anything remotely like this on any site ever, and I've especially never heard of people blocking sites with no 'category'.

Did they explain what category they were referring to??
Pages: 1 2