MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Star Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have never seen Star Wars, but of course I already know the "Luke, I'm your father" thing, which probably will ruin it (who doesn't know that anyway?). And I just downloaded all the movies and I'm ready to watch them.

But how should I start? By release date (Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, Phantom Menace, Clones, Sith) or according to the intra-movie chronology (Phantom Menace, Clones, Sith, Star Wars, Empire, Jedi)? In this thread, 90% say I should watch by release date. And it's a HUGE thread with lots of comments and opinions.

I'm already burning the IV (A new Hope) DVD and setting up my home cinema + popcorn, since it will most likely be from where I'll start.

Thanks.

PS: should I also set an interval between the movies? Or can I watch them all straight up?
Intramovie-Chronology IMO Smile
(2010-08-10, 01:45 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Intramovie-Chronology IMO Smile

Yup.
Watch them in Chronological order, and watch them straight up (no time between).

Make a full day of it.
If you watch it in release date order you'll end up jumping back 20 years or so in the story after The third (but really the last) one Wink
Most People In the World have watched 4, 5, 6 then 1, 2, 3

However If you want to understand the storyline better, then watch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Imho, 123-456 if you just want to enjoy it. If you want to understand everything and a lot of the hidden references and meanings, watch it 456 123.
(2010-08-10, 07:42 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Imho, 123-456 if you just want to enjoy it. If you want to understand everything and a lot of the hidden references and meanings, watch it 456 123.

That's right and wrong at the same time. They did put a lot of little reference in 123 from 456 but 456 are supposed to continue from 123 Toungue.
Well 123 came after 456 so they put stuff in there that made you go

"Oh that makes sense now"

For the long time fans who waited for 3 to be released Wink
Doesn't particularly matter tbh, 123 first or 456 won't make too much of a difference, just make sure you watch the three in order though (456 as opposed to like 546).
Pages: 1 2 3