MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would suggest adding some sort of a "Thank You" for the post plugin etc.
Umm, it already is a plugin...
It should be a plugin. It definitely shouldn't be core.
The default reputation system is slowly turning into a thank mod Toungue
(2010-08-14, 12:52 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]The default reputation system is slowly turning into a thank mod Toungue

The default reputation system does not discourage people from posting imho, whereas the thanks button does.
(2010-08-14, 12:58 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]The default reputation system does not discourage people from posting imho, whereas the thanks button does.
What makes you say that Huh

On my forum, people rep AND post a reply stating their appreciation. It's an observation, I think a thanks button would stop them posting.

It's very impersonal. IMHO.
Yes. i agree post count increases but the "appreciation posts" are not content posts. Spam?

On the long run ,IMHO, you could be losing more posts
If someone takes the time to say thank you in a post, or keep up the good work. It's much more appreciated by the OP than clicking a button.

It makes the forum feel like a community, and less like a service.

Maybe your forum is different, and there's probably a use for the thanks button on warez forums and such. But it definitely should not be part of the core system, because it detracts from the community aspect of a forum.
(2010-08-14, 11:49 AM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]It should be a plugin. It definitely shouldn't be core.

+2
Pages: 1 2