MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Skype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've noticed MyBB doesn't have skype integration, I made it quite easily, but i would like to see it in newer releases if possible, It was said it would be "integrated" in 2005, which apparently it was in the list for the next release, any plans for this in the future? Smile
we have a plugin for it. No need to integrate it.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/skype-mybb
Wink
Nicole, I definitely agree with you that it should be on the list of the IM clients like the others, but bear in mind, that plugin will do, at least for now.
Don't even need a plugin. You can add new profile fields in the Admin CP.
(2010-08-15, 01:20 AM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]Nicole, I definitely agree with you that it should be on the list of the IM clients like the others, but bear in mind, that plugin will do, at least for now.

But i want the default IM clients to be removed xD
(2010-08-15, 01:49 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even need a plugin. You can add new profile fields in the Admin CP.

I realize that, but the main thing is that a Custom Profile Field won't get treated the same way as the IM fields. However, I'm content with the plugin and what it does.
(2010-08-15, 03:14 AM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-15, 01:49 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even need a plugin. You can add new profile fields in the Admin CP.

I realize that, but the main thing is that a Custom Profile Field won't get treated the same way as the IM fields. However, I'm content with the plugin and what it does.

This unfortunately is true. I'm sure that if you make a suggestion it will be considered for MyBB 2.0

Oh wait! You did Smile And tbh, I agree. However this is really up to people like Ryan G. and Chris B.
(2010-08-15, 03:55 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]This unfortunately is true. I'm sure that if you make a suggestion it will be considered for MyBB 2.0

Oh wait! You did Smile And tbh, I agree. However this is really up to people like Ryan G. and Chris B.

I would want a setting in the ACP for additional contact information then. Just like we have for custom profile fields.
(2010-08-15, 06:31 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-15, 03:55 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]This unfortunately is true. I'm sure that if you make a suggestion it will be considered for MyBB 2.0

I would want a setting in the ACP for additional contact information then. Just like we have for custom profile fields.

That would even work quite well Smile
I'm very picky what i put on my forums, and a custom profile field just did not work the same, so i set out and added my own skype field as i have done in 1.4, and i love the way it turns out.
I wouldn't mind this being added to the list of im's. It isn't hard for us to add on our own, but this also means that it isn't hard for the developers to add.
Pages: 1 2