MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ubuntu is a cool guy, eh runs MyBB 1.6 and doesn't afraid of anything!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I decided to give Ubuntu another crack (after sever failed attempts to create a partition for openSUSE), and to my surprise it actually was able to create the partition and install correctly (windows was being grape with the partition manager, would give me like 100mb of 80gb for shrinking, then when it offered 40 i got a no perms error >.>).

Anyways, now that Ubuntu is installed and configured with LAMP (again took me like an hour to configure phpMyAdmin since it wouldn't let me log into it), I installed MyBB 1.6 so I'll probably develop some themes on here now and explore Ubuntu a bit.

Much better for this type of stuff imo since you don't have to deal with WAMP/XAMPP crashing <.>

kthxbai
it was easier for me to snag an old desktop from work that has been wiped clean and do a normal install of a Linux distro to it. Then no worries about screwing something up.

Glad to hear you got it working though
I sure hope you defragged before shrinking your partition! Otherwise you'll have destroyed some of your data. OOPS!
(2010-08-14, 03:57 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I sure hope you defragged before shrinking your partition! Otherwise you'll have destroyed some of your data. OOPS!

This.

I wish you would've tried a better distro.

Though Maybe SLAMPP would've been a better choice if you just want to develop themes.
You should use a 3rd party disk defragging tool, not the windows one. The tools sometimes have the ability to move stubborn files like mbr files Wink
(2010-08-14, 06:25 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]You a 3rd party disk defragging tool, not the windows one. The tools sometimes have the ability to move stubborn files like mbr files Wink

I personally boot with a LiveCD OS called BartPE, which is a free Windows Based PE (Preinstalled Environment) that will run 32bit Windows exes. I then run a tiny, yet VERY fast and efficient defrag tool called UltraDefrag Smile
I did it once without defragging and without losing data. But then again it was just fresh install of windows XP not very big anyway Toungue
Didn't bother defragging since it didn't let me in the first place, though I did eff something up and had to let startup repair fix it. Oh well.
Should've gone with Fedora imho. But have fun not having Photoshop. Confused That's the only reason I use Winshit instead of Fedora.
Well now that I have a partition made, maybe I'll install gentoo. *insert trollface here* *maybe not 0.0*
Pages: 1 2 3 4