MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Featured/random plugins or themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are tons of useful plugins and awesome themes, but some are just pretty hard to spot or find, since some resources aren't posted here, and they stay hidden somewhere in those categories, nearly impossible to show up on a search.

So what I suggest is make some kind of featured plugins, random stuff, top rated themes, plugin suggestions and more things to pull less popular resources from the dark.

And since the mods site is going under some revisions and updates, I thought I'd post this. Toungue Thanks.
Yeah I like the idea. Isn't there already a listing based on ratings in the ACP? Plugins --> Browse Plugins (1.6 only).

And you can get top rated stuff here.
I just realized this, they do have Featured Plugins in your Admin CP :p Pretty cool, I'm curious how often it's updated and by who.

Go to Admin Panel --> Plugins --> Browse Plugins
(2010-08-15, 05:31 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized this, they do have Featured Plugins in your Admin CP :p Pretty cool, I'm curious how often it's updated and by who.

Go to Admin Panel --> Plugins --> Browse Plugins

It's just by amount of downloads right now, although we could change it at any time.
I know that Staff is really busy, but I think Staff picks of plugins and resources would be a good idea. Possibly for the revamp?

It'd also be cool to list what plugins this place runs.
I do think like a plugin of the week or something would be awesome and give a little more thanks to the plugin developers.(Of course the same should be done for themes Toungue)
(2010-08-15, 07:18 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I do think like a plugin of the week or something would be awesome and give a little more thanks to the plugin developers.(Of course the same should be done for themes Toungue)
Also a great idea. Doesn't take much time either, just browse around the plugins/themes and pick a good one.
I do quite like this idea lol. Plus I'd be up for choosing some plugins Toungue
(2010-08-15, 07:21 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-15, 07:18 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I do think like a plugin of the week or something would be awesome and give a little more thanks to the plugin developers.(Of course the same should be done for themes Toungue)
Also a great idea. Doesn't take much time either, just browse around the plugins/themes and pick a good one.

I think that would get difficult as a major version was reaching the end of it's cycle.
I don't follow nitrus. There are a workable amount of 1.6 compatible plugins already and it's not going to be happening over night. They still need to get the new mods system up and running Big Grin.
Pages: 1 2