MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting from XMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Page where I downloaded this convertor (mybb_merge_1600.zip)states that I can convert XMB.
On setup it gives me no such choice (lets me choose between all other softwares). What could be the problem?
I just downloaded the Merge System for 1.6 and there's nothing there for XMB. So it's not your problem it's that it's not there.
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience - Support for XMB was dropped because of such low conversion and use rate. We may reintroduce it if enough demand warrants it.
How about downloading the merger for 1.4 (which should be archived somewhere), convert to MyBB 1.4 and then to MyBB 1.6. I'm guessing the 1.4 merger supported XMB.

Either that, or you'll have to convert to phpBB/SMF first and then to MyBB.
Yes, you can download the MyBB 1.4 module and convert to MyBB 1.4 & then upgrade to 1.6. I'll help you with any issues you may have even though we no longer officially support XMB.
Through 1.4 to 1.6 seems easier than trough phpBB (it has been rather complicated).
Does it matter which version 1.4... i use. 14.1 or 14.9. Databases still the same?
Old merger and old forum are hard to find, are there no old versions available on mybb page?

Thanks for help!
You can get them from the svn repository. Grab the latest version in the 1.4 stable branch of each. There are SVN links & instructions on the wiki, I'm busy atm or I would post links. If you can't find them on your own, post and I'll link later. Unless someone beats me to it.
[Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) (scroll to bottom)

There's a list there if you couldn't find it otherwise Smile
(2010-08-24, 10:10 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You can get them from the svn repository.
What is that repository?

Scoutie44, can you give me merge system 1.4 download link too?

Now I found this place: http://svn.mybboard.net/mybb-import/branches/ , but i have no reasonable way to download whole folder.
(2010-08-25, 07:14 AM)Thorondor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-24, 10:10 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You can get them from the svn repository.
What is that repository?

Scoutie44, can you give me merge system 1.4 download link too?

Now I found this place: http://svn.mybboard.net/mybb-import/branches/ , but i have no reasonable way to download whole folder.

[wiki]DevelopmentConfusedVN_Access#Subversion_clients[/wiki]
Pages: 1 2