MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Beta] Facebook Flavour Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey All,

For the past few nights iv been working on converting our forum profile pages into something that looks like facebook profiles.

Its uses both the profile comments plugin and the profile buddies plugin to offer up a facebook style "wall" and "friends" box.

Also has working "tabs" like facebook, that seperates the members info.

Im now posting this here as i intend to release this as a mod package once its 100% finished. I also need to contact the other plugin authors as iv heavily changed their code/templates.

You can demo it here http://www.teenfront.co.uk/forums/user-1.html

Iv attached a "logged in" screenshot aswell.

Let me know your thoughts

Many Thanks,

Coooool Big Grin

Amazing job.
This is will be compatibility with ProfileDesign Plugin?
(2010-08-21, 06:09 AM)atomjani Wrote: [ -> ]This is will be compatibility with ProfileDesign Plugin?

This uses it if i remember his other thread.
(2010-08-21, 06:03 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Coooool Big Grin

Amazing job.

Thank you Toungue - Added a few more tweaks to it (comment box resizes when clicked, like facebook does (need to be logged in to see it)) Also added new headers to the "About Me" tab including Contact info, again to feel more like facebook.

(2010-08-21, 06:09 AM)atomjani Wrote: [ -> ]This is will be compatibility with ProfileDesign Plugin?

I doubt it - its a very "hardcoded" style and design/colors - to mimick the facebook flavour. I doubt it would work well if users could change colors of it etc.

Still tidying it all up but id say its pretty much done now... looks great in my opinion lol. If plenty of people wanna see this released, let me know and il put a package together.

(2010-08-21, 06:10 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

This uses it if i remember his other thread.

No - This uses Profile Comments and Profile Buddies plugins, and basically restyles EVERYTHING and even rewrites half the plugins code. Doesnt use profiledesign plugin.
very very very awesome. *wants*
Its great..!

I would try it as soon is avaible Big Grin
Yeah this is great, mate!
I could definitely use this on my forum.

Edit: Hey is there an option to limit this profile to particular user groups?
(2010-08-21, 01:49 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]very very very awesome. *wants*

(2010-08-22, 01:10 AM)Likee Wrote: [ -> ]Its great..!

I would try it as soon is avaible Big Grin

Thanks! Im just working on packaging it all together. Im not sure how exactly id build this into an easy to install plugin, so might be some instructions to follow to start with.

(2010-08-22, 01:44 AM)rwpotter Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah this is great, mate!
I could definitely use this on my forum.

Edit: Hey is there an option to limit this profile to particular user groups?

Thanks - That would have to be a mybb feature and im unsure if it is. As said before this is just a profile "style" that uses comments and buddies. It doesnt intend to add any other functionaility.
OIC. Still awesome as it is. I can see it becoming popular.
Pages: 1 2 3