MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I hire a real pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I was working my company would hire pros to do database development, and they would have me be the liaison because I was a high level (although not pro level) database user. Without fail, I would find them making incorrect queries, claiming things could not be done that I ended up showing them how to do, or just making dumb mistakes. This was nuts because I was not at pro level.

Now I'd like to hire someone who knows php/css/html to make some theme changes for me, and I'm worried about how to pick someone. I see people advertising theme sites but I don't know who is the prosumer versus the real pro.

Any tips?
word of mouth, find a site you like and contact them about who built their themes/etc
A great themer is Jessie S.

He does great themes. I highly recommend him. His site is http://www.Dynaxel.com
I do MyBB/IPB/WordPress/CSS&HTML Designs

Some others are
Scoutie44, Bob Jansen, Angel, Combus,

There's a sticky in the Theme Requests and Development Forum with a list of well known MyBB Designers. I'm too lazy to link to it right now Toungue

Dylan does excellent work on Databases, i know first hand. Damion makes great themes,
(2010-08-24, 07:04 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]word of mouth, find a site you like and contact them about who built their themes/etc

Best advice you can get. For a theme I would recommend combus but for php/mysql and stuff you'll need someone else.
It depends on how pro you want. If you want Pro on a community level there are some people here like Jessie and Combus for $30-50/design. If you want Pro on a bigger level then find some $20/hour designer and they'll make you something.
Thanks for all the feedback. It's good to have a variety of choices.

FWIW, I was actually not thinking in terms of an entire skin. I was thinking about specific template and CSS mods, along with a brief explanation of what they did so I don't get stuck during upgrade time. But I could contact any of these people and ask if they do this.

Pages: 1 2