MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to learn CSS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all,
I am looking forward to learn css. Can you all please suggest some books or websites from where I can learn css. I am just beginning and know nothing about css. So please suggest me some good books or websites with tuts.

Regards
Praveer
w3schools.com is a good place to get started. Once you get going it's really easy Big Grin
Yeah it nice but I am not always online so I feel a book is more nice in this regard.
(2010-08-27, 08:35 AM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it nice but I am not always online so I feel a book is more nice in this regard.

Try printing out some pages from w3schools. That is one of the best places to look for CSS tutorials. I would also suggest youtube, though. I remember seeing one video that helped a fair bit.
Thanks.
It's honestly something that you just learn. Do you have a knowledge of HTML? You should just know simple things like text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold. As you get more advanced, then you can start using references to help teach you new cool and exciting things.

CSS is very very straightforward and understandable (border: 1px solid black - one pixel solid border). When you are online, just follow the examples and use their editor. It really goes hand in hand with HTML, and isn't something I suggest reading out of a book. Nowadays, especially since the standards push for style-less HTML, it's almost required that you learn them together.
Yeah I have learned HTML and now want to learn css. As suggested I will learn it from w3schools. Its a great site and I learned basics of HTML from there, then learned advanced from some other sites and some tuts.

Regards
Praveer
Do not buy a CSS learning book. That's just a waste of money. CSS is pretty easy to learn, and after you start practising you'll learn it faster.
Thanks Pirata. Do I learn from w3schools or any other site you suggest.

Regards
Praveer
Yes or just google "CSS tutorials" Smile
Pages: 1 2 3