MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ergh help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good morning all
I hope that you find yourselves well.

I have a wee bit of a problem and I cant fathom it out.
I have just upgraded to 1.6 after careful planning and emails to my members to inform them that I was upgrading the software this morning.
So ive disabled the plugins and unzipped the files and then uploaded them etc etc all went smoothly and even checked the permission codes.

The problem is my dash board it is still saying "You are currently running MyBB 1.4.13 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.0 (1600)."
I have gone back thru all the wiki how to's just incase I missed something but I havent.

Any ideas as to why I am still getting this message?

Regards

ceegee
did you actually run the upgrade by going to
youdomain.com/install/upgrade.php as from what your saying it doesent sound like it.
If you did run the upgrade then some of the files may not of uploaded correctly also make sure you overwrite existing files.
ty I followed all the instructions or distructions lmao for upgrading. it said nothing about upgrading into the install folders. so I unzipped into myBB and uploaded it all on my FTP (took a while to do) and into the forum dirctories.

didnt hit page back or anything else they said... and all files transfered and overwrote just fine without a problem.

but is still giving the message now that I need to upgrade to 1.6
That error would only happen if you haven't upgraded properly. Re-run the upgrader to see if that solves it.
well I thought I had solved it... forgot to close the forum.. duhhhhhhhhhhhh so closed it... re ran the upgrader and still the same message. what am I doing wrong???????????
screams silently to self.... re ran the upgrader again.... all 3k plus files sucessfully transfered etc etc and its still not working... still having the message

*bangs head on desk*
What version of 1.4 were you running before the upgrade?
1.4.13 the last one
Have you gone to youdomain.com/install/upgrade.php and ran the actual upgrade script like suggested in the first reply?

Link to your forum?
(2010-08-28, 12:22 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Have you gone to youdomain.com/install/upgrade.php and ran the actual upgrade script like suggested in the first reply?

Link to your forum?

I have but now I cant find the upgrade script. have changed the permissions etc etc. 6 hours now I have been at this. have just broke for lunch and a well deserved cuppa tea LMAO

link to my site

I might be bonde but there is surely something that I am doing wrong. could just be a tiny little bit of coding... who knows
If you've already run the upgrade script you shouldn't need to do it again.

I'm confused as to what you've actually done.

PM me an admin and FTP account if you want me to take a look and sort it out. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3