MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing punBB forum as a part of myBB forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-09-01, 04:14 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-01, 04:12 PM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas?

Not sure what you're doing to get that error. :s

You need to activate the login convert plugin in the ACP >> Configuration >> Plugins

It was activated. Then, just for a test, I deactivated it and activated again. I got error:

Quote:This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1600

So, as far as version MyBB 1.6 is concerned, complete migration of forums to myBB is impossible?!
Edit the file in a text editor like notepad++ and change compatibility to 16*
Or you could install 1.4.14, merge to that, then upgrade to 1.6
(2010-09-01, 04:25 PM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]So, as far as version MyBB 1.6 is concerned, complete migration of forums to myBB is impossible?!

Yes it is possible, it just might need some troubleshooting.

Overwrite that file in ./inc/plugins/ with this - loginconvert.php
(2010-09-01, 04:54 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-01, 04:25 PM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]So, as far as version MyBB 1.6 is concerned, complete migration of forums to myBB is impossible?!

Yes it is possible, it just might need some troubleshooting.

Overwrite that file in ./inc/plugins/ with this - loginconvert.php

The same as the other suggestion. Can be activated, but gives error:

Quote:Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.

Maybe I should re-try complete convert?
EDIT: Forget it, deleted users, again ran convert, and again they were imported without passwords.

No, all that means is that you can't go to that file.
(2010-09-01, 04:58 PM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]Can be activated, but gives error:

Quote:Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.

So long as it activates in the ACP that's all that matters, you shouldn't be able to access the file directly.

You'll have to wait for Dylan to see this thread and help you further. Smile
Try converting to 1.4.14, then upgrade to 1.6
I think I'll wait for Dylan. Installing 1.4 and 1.6 again would take me hours to do. And then, I guess myBB developers will continue to update converter - it's in myBB best interest to do so.

Regards, Marko
Yes, the Merge System is being actively developed now. Sorry for the late response here. The loginconvert plugin isn't supposed to be run. Only activated. It then only converts the password once someone logs in. Not instantly. So the first time a person logs in, it will check their password matches using the password hashing from the old board, and if so, encrypts it for MyBB and stores it properly. Does that help? If not please let us know.
(2010-09-01, 07:12 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the Merge System is being actively developed now. Sorry for the late response here. The loginconvert plugin isn't supposed to be run. Only activated. It then only converts the password once someone logs in. Not instantly. So the first time a person logs in, it will check their password matches using the password hashing from the old board, and if so, encrypts it for MyBB and stores it properly. Does that help? If not please let us know.

OK, I understand that. But the problem is that then I have to run two SQL bases (myBB and punBB) for indefinite period of time (up to the moment all members of previous forum log in). Which is quite problematic, if my domain's host has SQL bases limit set to 3.

EDIT: Or... if I got it right, the old password is in the field passwordconvert and I can simply delete old SQL and forget whole matter.

PS: But you still have to correct that compatibility issue 1.4 --> 1.6.

Regards, Marko.
Pages: 1 2 3 4