MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing punBB forum as a part of myBB forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Actually you don't. The PunBB password is stored in the MyBB database for use by the plugin. You can completely remove your PunBB database at this point.

In your mybb_users table you should have a field called passwordconvert, somewhere near the end of the table. This field stores your existing PunBB password until that user logs in. It is then converted to a MyBB password and the passwordconvert field is emptied. You should also see another field, passwordconverttype. This tells what board system you merged from.
I posted as you were editing lol. And yes, the compatibility issue is already corrected in the development svn code.
OK. We can now consider this problem solved.

May I be so rude and post another interesting question?

I have a CSV of another ancient forum (Lusenet from Greenspun). No users, no groups, only two dozen threads. It would be marvelous to revive it and merge it into my MyBB.

Is this possible? By using Excel I could change CSV's structure as required.

Any ideas?
Would be fairly easy I would think if its only two dozen threads to just edit the csv to match MyBB's style, and then import it into MyBB's database.
OK, I'll try. However I have two questions:
  • How can I calculate dateline field from date and time?
  • Can I make ghost users (no password, no username, just e-mail)?
To get the dateline, use any online time converter to convert your date & time to a UNIX timestamp.

I wouldn't make any Ghost users, I'm not qualified to say for sure 100%, but I wouldn't think thats exactly safe I could cause a number of issues.
(2010-09-07, 06:35 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]To get the dateline, use any online time converter to convert your date & time to a UNIX timestamp.

Oh, that's easy. I found out that UNIX timestamp is number of seconds from 1.1.1970. Since in Windows, timestamps in number of days from 1.1.1900, one has to subtract 25569 and multiply by 86400 to get UNIX timestamp.

(2010-09-07, 06:35 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't make any Ghost users, I'm not qualified to say for sure 100%, but I wouldn't think thats exactly safe I could cause a number of issues.

OK, I can then declare that all posts were made by Guest user (I guess this is uid=0).

If I simply append cca 30 threads and cca 200 posts, will that be OK? Or should I change some numbers in other tables too, so myBB won't go nuts?

My suggestion is to create the Forums that they'll go into, and then run some SQL queries to change the fids & tids to match in MyBB. This isn't as easy as just sticking them into the db, you have a lot of work ahead of you.

This may be worth you hiring an expert to do for you if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself. Don't let them charge you more than $25 USD though. That's what I would charge you. But its up to you.
(2010-09-07, 04:43 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion is to create the Forums that they'll go into, and then run some SQL queries to change the fids & tids to match in MyBB. This isn't as easy as just sticking them into the db, you have a lot of work ahead of you.

This may be worth you hiring an expert to do for you if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself. Don't let them charge you more than $25 USD though. That's what I would charge you. But its up to you.

I know perfectly well how to prepare mybb_threads and mybb_posts tables with all pids, tids and fids (including avoding already used tids and fids numbers). That's easy! The problem is, is that enough? Maybe there is some counter in mybb that holds informations about how many posts and threads are there, which is the last post's pid and thread's tid... That's what it worries me.

Marko
(2010-09-08, 06:38 AM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]I know perfectly well how to prepare mybb_threads and mybb_posts tables with all pids, tids and fids (including avoding already used tids and fids numbers). That's easy! The problem is, is that enough? Maybe there is some counter in mybb that holds informations about how many posts and threads are there, which is the last post's pid and thread's tid... That's what it worries me.

Marko

Actually MyBB does have those, but you don't have to worry about them. Once you've gotten the threads/posts input into your database, go into the AdminCP->Tools & Maint.->Recount & Rebuild and run all the tools there Smile You should also rebuild all the caches as well, also under the tools & maint. area.
Pages: 1 2 3 4