MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Supermods and Banning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
One feature which I believe would be good if it was added is one to restrict supermods from banning other supermods.
Shouldn't be needed...

It's not MyBBs job to make sure you choose your staff wisely. If you can't trust them to not abuse their power they shouldn't be staff.
And if one of your super mods gets mad at you for some reason and starts to mass ban members and delete content, who's gunna stop them?

If your not online, the other super mods won't have any power.

To be honest, I think they'd lose all respect for you.
(2010-09-04, 03:11 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]And if one of your super mods gets mad at you for some reason and starts to mass ban members and delete content, who's gunna stop them?

If that happens they weren't mature enough to be a staff member. Which again comes down to the admin making logical choices when choosing staff.

Reading that again though I think you might be agreeing with me (if so sorry Toungue).
I was agreeing with you. Big Grin

My post was directed to Invictible. Toungue

Things like that do happen though.

If that did happen, unless the S.Mod was a total fool, he would ban the other S.Mods before they had a chance to stop him. I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing just making a point. Probably would be best to have as an optional setting.
(2010-09-04, 04:20 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]If that did happen, unless the S.Mod was a total retard, he would ban the other S.Mods before they had a chance to stop him. I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing just making a point. Probably would be best to have as an optional setting.
Yeah, it would be best as an optional setting.
stupid super mods ;LOL: Wink
(2010-09-04, 01:09 PM)Invictible Wrote: [ -> ]One feature which I believe would be good if it was added is one to restrict supermods from banning other supermods.

Did one of your supermods ban another supermod?
I read a story where the moderator was offended (or something crazy happened with him) and deleted more than 2/3 of forum content. So it is absolutely necessary to install plug-ins that allow administrator to restore deleted content and make daily database backups.
(2010-09-04, 03:11 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]And if one of your super mods gets mad at you for some reason and starts to mass ban members and delete content, who's gunna stop them?

If your not online, the other super mods won't have any power.

If he gets mad, he can ban all supermods) and nobody stops him)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6