MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum is slowly dieing! Please help me get more activity!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I run a teen gaming forum and during the summer we were really popular, but a lot of people said that they wouldn't be able to get on so much once school started. Well now we only get like 5-20 new posts everyday now. I need some more members, right now we got like 10 people who actually post and are active. Please, help me get more activity. We used to get like 80 posts a day, now we only get like 10 usually. The URL is: http://pcannon.x10hosting.com/forums/
Oh and out of those posts on my forum 95% of the time they are just in the "What Are You Listening To" or "The Last Game You Beat" threads.
Get a theme that suites the forum's niche. Arrange some contests (not actually have to be money oriented).
1. Get a theme,

2. Get a domain.

3. Post as much as you can each day.

4. Advertise.

It might even help if you upgraded your board. Members like to know that things are secure and up to date.

Without a unique design, it is hard to gain popularity over larger gaming forums.
(2010-09-04, 03:49 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1. Get a theme,

2. Get a domain.

4. Advertise.

It might even help if you upgraded your board. Members like to know that things are secure and up to date.

We have a domain.

Registered members can choose other themes that I have added.

I post when there's something worth posting.

And is this topic right here not an advertisement?
(2010-09-04, 04:51 PM)Solace Wrote: [ -> ]

2. Get a domain.

4. Advertise.

We have a domain. No you don't

Registered members can choose other themes that I have added. No one will register without seeing a custom theme prior to registration

A free domain with a subdomain to a hosting company isn't attractive. Even if I was a member, I'd forget the URL after the first day.
(2010-09-04, 05:06 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]

2. Get a domain.

4. Advertise.

We have a domain I just didn't post a link to it.

Registered members can choose other themes that I have added. No one will register without seeing a custom theme prior to registration

If you have a real domain, why are you showing your forums on a subdomain?? Why not just transfer everything to your true domain, instead of ignoring it and using a subdomain??
(2010-09-04, 05:11 PM)Solace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-04, 05:06 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]

2. Get a domain.

4. Advertise.

Then what is this? http://pcannon.x10hosting.com/forums/

P.S. Gaara, add my MSN ([email protected]).
Pages: 1 2 3