MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CodePress is so annoying o_o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Between dieing and looking at that - I would rather die. lol
CodePress is a dead project that hasn't been updated in a very long time.
There's a couple of up-and-coming alternatives. I have to look them up again, but they look promising. Might switch CodePress in MyBB to one of them in the future.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...de_editors

I'd recommend EditArea, so people can use Zen Coding.
Ryan by future, do you mean pre 2.0?
Considering how out-of-date and unmaintained Codepress is I might switch it out in 1.6.1. Probably to CodeMirror since that is maintained and most similar to Codepress.
Can you add one that allows tabbing for indents? I hate having to space 8 times if I want to indent.
(2010-09-05, 06:50 PM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add one that allows tabbing for indents? I hate having to space 8 times if I want to indent.
+1 on that.
(2010-09-05, 06:53 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-05, 06:50 PM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add one that allows tabbing for indents? I hate having to space 8 times if I want to indent.
+1 on that.

+2, that would be awesome.

(2010-09-05, 06:46 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Considering how out-of-date and unmaintained Codepress is I might switch it out in 1.6.1. Probably to CodeMirror since that is maintained and most similar to Codepress.

Wow never thought i'd see the day when MyBB releases a feature without a full release.
(2010-09-05, 06:56 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-05, 06:46 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Considering how out-of-date and unmaintained Codepress is I might switch it out in 1.6.1. Probably to CodeMirror since that is maintained and most similar to Codepress.

Wow never thought i'd see the day when MyBB releases a feature without a full release.

Well it's not a new feature. Second, we've released small features/changes in past maintenance releases (i.e. the option to turn off codepress from the ACP preferences page was added in a 1.4 maintenance release)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5