MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CodePress is so annoying o_o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Don't make me laugh, running Notepad++ through WINE is <censored>. gedit is better anyways. Toungue

Plus how do you know I'm not srs pro with OS X? /sarcasm
Or maybe MyBB 2.0 could come with its own codepress like code of its own? One made from scratch.

(2010-09-05, 06:50 PM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add one that allows tabbing for indents? I hate having to space 8 times if I want to indent.

This. For the love of all things mighty, this.

I'd never complain about editing MyBB templates ever again.
I lol'd at line 1 of Ryan Ashbrook's post.

You see what I did there?
(2010-09-07, 06:42 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Don't make me laugh, running Notepad++ through WINE is <censored>. gedit is better anyways. Toungue

Plus how do you know I'm not srs pro with OS X? /sarcasm

Its runs perfectly under wine. Regardless Gedit is better. :/

BTW Wine works fine under OSX too.
Really? I was not aware. Makes sense though since OS X is based off FreeBSD.
(2010-09-08, 09:05 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Really? I was not aware. Makes sense though since OS X is based off FreeBSD.

No. Its not. Trust be i've been told. Its based off of Nextstep. Regardless, its not for the reasons you are thinking. Its compatiable because it is, you have to do all the fun work yourself. They made it work for Mac. It being based off of Unix has no reason.
Not quite, Mac OS X is based off the open source operating system, Darwin, which is a BSD OS. "Also Darwin, the system on which Apple's Mac OS X is built, is a derivative of 4.4BSD-Lite2 and FreeBSD" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD)

For more info, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_%28o..._system%29

I'm saying it wouldn't be terribly hard to get WINE to run on OS X though, kind of like how you can run almost all OS X applications on Linux with some tweaking.
Blarg!

OS X is based off of NextSTEP, which itself was built on Darwin, which is a combination of Mach 3.something (hence finding mach_kernel if you poke around in /) and FreeBSD, both of which are based off of the original BSD. So in some way or another you're all right.

But we digress. CodePress sucks, and all we need is something with syntax highlighting and tab support.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5