MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username, Password & CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've just installed mybb but already experiancing some problems. When I go to the board Index the CSS doesn't work or doesn't it come with CSS?

Also, when I just go onto different things it keeps prompting for my username and password which is really annoying. Is there a way you can edit the settings for this or disable it all together?

Thanks in advance if you can help.
URL?? Of course it comes with CSS.

What do you mean by 'different things'?? Different things where??
Oh I'm running it on localhost but why shouldn't the CSS work?

For example, if I wanted to access different pages it would keep asking for username and password and it does it even more when logged into the Administrator pannel, if I were to go from board settings to style it would ask for a username and password.
(2010-09-10, 09:12 AM)---DMD--- Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I'm running it on localhost but why shouldn't the CSS work?

For example, if I wanted to access different pages it would keep asking for username and password and it does it even more when logged into the Administrator pannel, if I were to go from board settings to style it would ask for a username and password.
Sounds like a problem with cookies on the localhost...
Shall I delete all the cookies for localhost?
If you are hosting on a localhost (i.e. a test forum on your computer), your cookie domain will usually have to be blank.

Source : http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html

set your cookie domain and path to blank. If you are unable to do this VIA the acp, try editing ../inc/settings.php.
You've most likely changed some settings and changed them incorrectly if CSS and logins are broken. What's your Board URL, cookie domain and cookie path currently set to??
I'm running it locally at the moment. Should I try re-installing?Or won't that really solve anything?
I know you're running it locally. If it's a configuration problem you'll just need to fix it, hence me asking what those settings are currently set to. If you've not added any content yet you can install what you want, but don't change the Board URL or cookie settings.
Still nothing, what if I try installing an older version then upgrading?
Pages: 1 2