MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What laptop should I get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
yeah, I was going to go for the 17" till I saw the price Confused
Apple is the most overpriced company i know of.

Take the 13" MacBook Pro.... It only has a Intel core 2 duo, yeah it has 4gb ram, but it only has 250gb hard disk and nothing else (extras) and its £999!!!

I build a AMD PII x4 965 BE 3.4ghz quad core PC, gaming case, 4 fans, 16gb ram, 2x1tb HDD and dedicated graphics windows 7 office and a decent mobo for under that......
Hmm.. I've just found the dell studio 15. That seems faiy good.
Be eco friendly. >_> Get a Timeline. You can get a good one for about 500-600.

Downsides; On older models, its a 1.4 solo processor.
Vista preinstalled.

Upsides;
Nine hour battery,
Eco Friendly
Looks sexy Toungue

I think that might be tops at the moment. I've just found the 15" one on amazon for £748.70 which is getting a little pricey but it does come with an i5, win7, 4gb of ram and a 500gb hard drive Big Grin
I'm an asus guy after getting my first asus ever about 8 months ago Big Grin. Love everything on it except the batterylife(which I expected with i7 and 1gb dedicated gfx and what not Toungue).

But, I'm also an hp as I've never really had any issues with any of my HPs. However I don't know where to look for good deals in the uk.
I love my 13" MacBook Pro, so I'd definitely recommend it. It's up to you whether the OS + the hardware build is worth the extra money, though. If you just care about what has the most specs for the money, then yeah, the Apple isn't for you.
A copy of Mac OS X costs £24.99 or so, not an extra £500.

What exactly are you paying a premium for? The Alumiunium body?
Let's not discuss Mac's pricing, as we all know where that ends, and stick to recommending OP a computer.
(2010-09-12, 03:40 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]A copy of Mac OS X costs £24.99 or so, not an extra £500.

You don't think the cost of the OS is subsidized at all by the fact that it can only run on Macintosh machines (Hackintoshes not excluded)? You're paying for the design, build quality, OS, built-in software (and lack of bloatware), support (whether or not this is actually superior is debatable). It's a subjective decision; it will be right for some and not right for others. I'm not saying the OP should buy a Mac but I'm saying he should consider it against the other options suggested here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6