MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the shoutbox on the portal.... is possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think you don't understand me. Toungue

See attachment, that's what I was meaning.[attachment=2753]
what is that acutallyConfused
make sure u havent changed any of the shoutbox's templates or the shoutbox.php

i have no idea what is that
I haven't edited any templats. ;-)

The attachment, is a screenshot of the shoutbox pop-up, and I put a circle around the amount of pages, that isn't showed very well.
I moved the forum from one host to an another. Now, when I want to have the shoutbox on the portal page like here on my temporary host :
http://zabava.a22.biz/portal.php
I get an error message on my new host:
http://zabava.ej.am/portal.php

Do you know what is this error?
I was wondering about all this and am glad I found the thread. I was about to ask when I figured it out that the following has to be done to ALL your themes, since apparently the global templates don't include the portal! That was an unwelcome surprise, but oh well! LOL...off to updating all of my themes:

Zaher Wrote:then open
Admin CP > Templates >Modify / delete > Portal page templates > portal

find

Code:

$latestthreads

So that should actually be

Admin CP > Templates >Modify / delete > Theme name > Portal page templates > portal

I guess that was obvious to everyone else? *blush* Toungue
Anyone knows about this error?

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type MyBB as array in /home/hary/public_html/hary/portal.php on line 525
Quote:So that should actually be

Admin CP > Templates >Modify / delete > Theme name > Portal page templates > portal

I guess that was obvious to everyone else? *blush*

Umm No, there is no theme name, i should have added EXPAND, which is expanding the temaplate set list.

Quote:Anyone knows about this error?

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type MyBB as array in /home/hary/public_html/hary/portal.php on line 525

What's on that line when you get this error.

regards

On this line is:

if($mybb['usergroup'] == 4 || $mybb['usergroup'] == 3)

replace it with

if($mybb->user['usergroup'] == 4 || $mybb->user['usergroup'] == 3)
Zaher Wrote:Umm No, there is no theme name, i should have added EXPAND, which is expanding the temaplate set list.

Huh? Now you've lost me. The only thing that comes up after I go to Templates > Modify/Delete > is a list of the global and theme templates. Hitting expand on any of those only affect just the one template. And the Portal templates are not under Global. ???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6