MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the shoutbox on the portal.... is possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ofcourse, expand in here has always refered to expanding the template set you are using.

So ofcourse global doesn't have portal, because global is a default set, however the difference in there is that the templates under global, can be used in any of other template sets.

Regards
Quote:Ofcourse, expand in here has always refered to expanding the template set you are using.
I'm sorry, but I doubt that means the same to everyone in here! There are a bunch of newbies like me that might have found that a bit confusing! I just wanted to make sure it was clarified for anyone out there that couldn't follow your line of thought! Big Grin
Yeah maybe, but still it is not the theme name what you see in there, you see the templates set name.

regards
But aren't the theme name and the template names the same??? I guess I should have said template name instead of theme name. They're the same to me! Big Grin
No the template name isn't the same as the theme, you can have huge number of different themes, using the same template set, for example

Blue Theme, Red Theme ,Yellow Theme, all these uses the Main template set or whatever.

regards
I love mods like this. I'm glad you guys are willing to share your knowledge! I've been requested by my members to put the shout box on the index page, but I didn't want to put a side box there. So using all the tid bits that I have gotten from all of you mybb gurus, I was able to do it!!!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! Big Grin
I get this error

mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-24, 24' at line 1
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_shouts ORDER BY dateline LIMIT -24, 24
Oooh, I had an error like that when I modified the wrong code. I think you must have copy and pasted the wrong thing. At least that's what I did to get such an error. What exactly were you doing when you got it?
I modified the portal.php and portal on the template
this dont work on mybb 1 17 it doesnt show the shoutbox even though i followed these instructions perfectly and in the correct files
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6