MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: World Events Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my world events forum: http://forum.world-events.org.uk

I recently brought the forum back from being inactive. I do have some traffic from google and other search engines, and I have a few dedicated members helping to increase thread counts.

Is there anything I should do to customise the forums further?
There are loads of more active, more informative, and just plain better places to discuss news. Why would anyone do it on your board?

Also, that domain is really complicated and the logo is straight out of the early 90's.
It's not just a place to discuss news. No idea where you got that from.
It was the only relevant domain I could get, what would you have gone for then??

That logo is also temporary, we're getting a proper one made.
(2010-09-14, 07:35 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]There are loads of more active, more informative, and just plain better places to discuss news. Why would anyone do it on your board?

Also, that domain is really complicated and the logo is straight out of the early 90's.

Do you got to be a raisin on everyones threads. Maybe they got different news?
It's not just a news forum. We discuss the important global events happening eg. Climate Change, The Recession

(2010-09-14, 08:07 PM)Bounty Killer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-14, 07:35 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]There are loads of more active, more informative, and just plain better places to discuss news. Why would anyone do it on your board?

Do you got to be a raisin on everyones threads. Maybe they got different news?

How am I being a raisin? Because I'm asking realistic questions that users are going to ask themselves (e.g. "Why should I join this forum over another one?")

Quote:We discuss the important global events happening eg. Climate Change, The Recession

OK, this is just semantics. For all practical purposes these things are "news".
No they aren't. We go into the more in-depth reasons, we don't just comment on a news topic.
I don't think you nor most of your userbase is qualified to discuss that sort of stuff in-depth, though. You'd be better off positioning it as a place for teenagers to discuss news/world events in a non-hostile environment, since they appear to be the majority of your users anyway.
(2010-09-14, 08:36 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you nor most of your userbase is qualified to discuss that sort of stuff in-depth, though. You'd be better off positioning it as a place for teenagers to discuss news/world events in a non-hostile environment, since they appear to be the majority of your users anyway.
Who made you law maker? I am perfectly entitled to discuss anything I wish on my forums.
(2010-09-14, 08:47 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Who made you law maker? I am perfectly entitled to discuss anything I wish on my forums.

Quote:Accepting feedback:
Unless you have opted to disallow comments, all websites are subject to feedback from members. Please be respectful and understanding of those giving you feedback, even if it is negative or you dissagree with what they have said. Use negative feedback to your advantage by taking action and addressing the problems raised in the feedback.

Fair enough though. You've obviously decided to ignore any constructive feedback, so I'll leave you to your forum.
Pages: 1 2