MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registering with Free Email Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have looked in other threads but am having trouble finding an answer.

We just upgraded to MyBB 1.6. Whenever someone has a hotmail or gmail email address (it could be more, not for sure), if they try to register, it says they can't register with a free email host.

I have looked in the Admin CP and went to the banning section and hotmail.com and gmail.com are not listed as banned. I want to set it to where people with free email hosts CAN register.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Can you provide a URL please? Smile

The site is avbbf.com.

Regardless of what theme it is set on, we have the same problem.
Captcha works, registration under *@gmail.com e-mail works.
(Thank you for registering on AV Bible Believers Fellowship, MagicServ.)
Okay, since the gmail works now, can you please try a hotmail address? That is the one causing the biggest problems.
Do you use the akismet plugin?
Akismet doesn't block email addresses, it just filters posts.
Actually, yes, we do use Akismet plugin.
The exact error we get is:

The email address you have entered is currently disallowed from being used. Please enter a different email address.

You can put any hotmail address in there and you get the same message.
The captcha did work.
(2010-09-19, 06:55 PM)KrinkleGator Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, yes, we do use Akismet plugin.
The exact error we get is:

The email address you have entered is currently disallowed from being used. Please enter a different email address.

You can put any hotmail address in there and you get the same message.
The captcha did work.
Does it work if the Akismet plugin is not enabled?
I disabled the Akismet plugin and just tried to create an account with a hotmail address and I got the same error message as just above.

After I wrote this post, I went back in and reactivated the Akismet plugin - this is just for my reference! I try to record everything!
Pages: 1 2