MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do if you get a Rogue Moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is more a chat thread than technical tutorial. Wink
(2010-09-24, 03:19 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]This is more a chat thread than technical tutorial. Wink

I'd have to agree with you there, I mean isn't it common sense to use your character of judgement when making someone into a moderator?
(2010-09-24, 07:21 PM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-24, 03:19 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]This is more a chat thread than technical tutorial. Wink

I'd have to agree with you there, I mean isn't it common sense to use your character of judgement when making someone into a moderator?

You'd think, but some people don't use sense.
are not forums for discussing?
I fully agree with Kyuubi

Easier way; Ban them. Simple.
If you don't have anything remotely on-topic to say in this thread, please don't post, because you're spamming my tutorial thread Smile

@Malcolm: That's what I put in my tutorial thread...
@Nayar: I liked to be agreed upon Smile
(2010-09-26, 07:17 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]@Malcolm: That's what I put in my tutorial thread...

There's no real need for any of the rest.

Demote them straight away. - Just ban them.

Give out a 50 point warning. - Only staff can see warning points, and I don't think that rogue mod will actually care.

Announce the demotion - What good will that do?? They want attention, and your giving it to them.

If more abuse occurs, give a ban - Just ban them straight away.

Restore a DB Backup - That's just common sense, isn't it?

(2010-09-22, 12:04 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-20, 08:56 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]From time to time, MyBB administrators will inadvertently add a moderator to their forums that goes rogue and abuses their position. In this thread, I'll outline some tips for you if you ever encounter a "Rogue Moderator".

This guide is for the "not so good" administrators of MyBB Forums: people like labrocca, and several others are not likely to benefit from the content in here

That shot at Labrocca was uncalled for (Even if he and I don't care for eachother much.)!

And why not just do what Labrocca did and use a DB backup and ban the moderator?

Psst, you misunderstood. He was saying people like labrocca aren't likely to benefit from this because they're good enough and smart enough to not need to know this. Or they already know this. I don't know. Did you know I don't know if knowing what I'm saying makes any sense?
(2010-09-27, 05:38 AM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-22, 12:04 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-20, 08:56 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]From time to time, MyBB administrators will inadvertently add a moderator to their forums that goes rogue and abuses their position. In this thread, I'll outline some tips for you if you ever encounter a "Rogue Moderator".

This guide is for the "not so good" administrators of MyBB Forums: people like labrocca, and several others are not likely to benefit from the content in here

That shot at Labrocca was uncalled for (Even if he and I don't care for eachother much.)!

And why not just do what Labrocca did and use a DB backup and ban the moderator?

Psst, you misunderstood. He was saying people like labrocca aren't likely to benefit from this because they're good enough and smart enough to not need to know this. Or they already know this. I don't know. Did you know I don't know if knowing what I'm saying makes any sense?

This. Smile
(2010-09-26, 07:47 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]There's no real need for any of the rest.

Demote them straight away. - Just ban them.

Give out a 50 point warning. - Only staff can see warning points, and I don't think that rogue mod will actually care.

Announce the demotion - What good will that do?? They want attention, and your giving it to them.

If more abuse occurs, give a ban - Just ban them straight away.

Restore a DB Backup - That's just common sense, isn't it?
I suppose you fall under this bold heading:
Quote:This guide is for the "not so good" administrators of MyBB Forums: people like labrocca, and several others are not likely to benefit from the content in here
So yeah, you think that I'm just talking nonsense. This guide is not for smart people like you, or labrocca or anyone like that: it's for the people that have difficulty in trying to find a solution on what to do.
Pages: 1 2 3