MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What to do if you get a Rogue Moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
But the solution is overly complicated. Surely if you're writing it for inexperienced users, the answer is a simple one: ban them.
I might add that at the end. Thanks for the tip!
Simple solutions.

1. Rogue moderators messes up site (deletes posts/threads) or bans bulk members.
2. You remove moderator and perma ban.
3. You recover site
4. You start thread with announcement apologizing about problems.

Quote:Dear members, recently a moderator has gone rogue and has caused some site damage. I'm recovering data and accounts as best I can. I'm sincerely sorry this has occurred but it does happen. The moderator is no longer on staff and is no longer welcome in our community. In order to avoid attention whoring and additional drama I am locking this thread and beyond this post I'm not going to discuss this person. Any drama threads will be locked and members possibly warned. It's time to move on.

Thank you.

Really that's going to piss off the rogue the most. Those who do go rogue and cause damage are trying to make some statement and go out in some blaze of glory. What the above statement does is remove their blaze of glory and they just get booted in shame. Removing the drama really tends to piss them off. Never give them a voice. If they join again to post delete their posts and ban their account. Even merge it to their old account. Heck go ahead and rename their old account to something benign like "Past Member". Remove their identity and footprint on the site. If they had stickies..remove them. And whatever you do if they PM you or email you...IGNORE THEM. There is nothing to be gained by any communication.
I'm honestly confused, if a moderated did that I would be so pissed off I don't think I could refrain from banning him. I'm sure this applies to most people. Sorry about all the people downgrading you're thread, opinion are opinions.
Pages: 1 2 3