MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyright Notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering if someone removed the copyright in the footer, there will be a huge notice in the header to ask them to place back the copyright. Is it possible to do it? Big Grin
(2010-09-23, 11:08 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering if someone removed the copyright in the footer, there will be a huge notice in the header to ask them to place back the copyright. Is it possible to do it? Big Grin

You could do it with a core edit or in js, But in js they could just delete the file, or remove the link.
(2010-09-23, 11:17 AM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-23, 11:08 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering if someone removed the copyright in the footer, there will be a huge notice in the header to ask them to place back the copyright. Is it possible to do it? Big Grin

You could do it with a core edit or in js, But in js they could just delete the file, or remove the link.

How can I do it? :p
(2010-09-23, 11:21 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]

In Js
http://jqueryfordesigners.com/element-exists/
(2010-09-23, 11:25 AM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]

In Js

Thanks. Smile

Btw... does this works? I tested it and it doesn't work. :s

<script type="text/javascript">
$('themecopyright').length == 0; 
    log(' ');
  } else {
    log('<div id="somedivhere">PLEASE ADD THE THEME COPYRIGHT BACK WHERE IT WAS. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE THE THEME COPYRIGHT AS THE THEME LICENSE DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO.</div>');
  }
</script>
(2010-09-23, 11:52 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-23, 11:25 AM)Damion Wrote: [ -> ]

In Js

Thanks. Smile

Btw... does this works? I tested it and it doesn't work. :s

$('themecopyright').length == 0; 
    log(' ');
  } else {
    log('<div id="somedivhere">PLEASE ADD THE THEME COPYRIGHT BACK WHERE IT WAS. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE THE THEME COPYRIGHT AS THE THEME LICENSE DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO.</div>');
  }
</script>

$('themecopyright') should have a "#" in front of "themecopyright" and there should be a div in the footer
<div id ="themecopyright">

You also need to include jQuery and dont log anything instead create a div in the header
<div id="nocopyright"></div>

js:
$('#nocopyright').append('<span>Please re-add the theme copyright');

Also you should noConflict this.
[/code]
So the code is

<div id="nocopyright">
jQuery.noConflict();
$('#themecopyright').append('<span>Please re-add the theme copyright');
</script>
</div>

I'm getting quite confused. :s
Header Include:
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(function($) {
if ($('#themecopyright').length != 0) {
   $('#nocopyright').append('<span>Copyright found</span>'); 
  } else {
   $('#nocopyright').append('<span>NoCopyright found</span>'); 
  }
});
</script>

Header:
<div id="nocopyright"></div>

Footer:
<div id="themecopyright"></div>

Tested and working.
If people can figure out how to remove the copyright they'll be able to figure this out. Really, this is pointless.
(2010-09-23, 09:16 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]If people can figure out how to remove the copyright they'll be able to figure this out. Really, this is pointless.

Yes and no. Most people remove the copyright because they don't know they aren't allowed to. A simple HTML comment above the copyright would suffice, that's all you can do to stop it.
Pages: 1 2