MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delayed publication plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i have attached the beta v0.9. please follow the readme

(2011-08-05, 11:34 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]3) Does the timezone get worked out correctly? I user can have different timezone than the server and the picker users local time. Do the drafts get published at the requested time, relative to the server time? e.g. if user is in California and sets publish date to 2pm their time, and the server is in New York, does the post get published at 5pm server time?

It seems timezone doesn't work correctly..
I had planned two messages, but none of them have been published. I'll keep testing different time settings and can tell more about it tomorrow.
all i do is reverse the timezone corrections that mybb makes. when i first tested it, it worked for me. both when i was in the same timezone as the server and when i changed my account setting by 2 hours.

if you look at the task logs, did the task run when expected?
First i've set -6GMT for forum in admin panel, then set the same time and settings for test user.

When it was 3:09am I started to create new thread and when I press at your "calendar" it was automatically set time to 3:07pm... so this is a bug (it must be AM).

[attachment=23711]

But when I saved the draft it seems it became AM as it must be:

[attachment=23712]

And when task runned at 3:20am the delayed thread was created. But there is a bug - the plugin creates 1 extra dublicate thread each time:

[attachment=23713]

At the same time at the home page there is no extra threads (only 4 threads but if go there you'll find 8 threads):

[attachment=23714]

-----------------
After that I changed test user's local time to +6GMT (before it was -6GMT)... so it became 3:54pm. And then i started to create new thread your calendar automatically displayed right date, PM:

[attachment=23715]

But at the same time at drafts page it became AM: tomorrow (not today!) 3.57AM

[Image: 825a3a9175c8.jpg]

And hence after the task is runned the thread was not puplished.

Then after some time i reverted test user's time to -6GMT and go to the drafts:

[Image: e52f34777e2f.jpg]

As you can see, the date changed to today.

So... this means that there is some mistake with AM and PM and extra threads. I also suggest you to add 24hours date format to your calendar - in many countries it is a native time standard.
i will look into the extra posts issue, i have not seen that one.

the date-time picker is not mine, its an open source piece of code, but the best one i found. it was using your computer time to define the date/time in the picker, so the picker itself may have a bug.

i can change to 24 hour time, but there was an issue i had working with it so i switched to am/pm, but i dont recall what the problem was. i will try it again.

thanks for the feedback, i will see if i can get some time today to work on it.
Another results of testing. (forum time: +4GMT, user's time +6GMT)

Yesterday I opened existing thread with 0 answers and wrote answer and delay it to next morning: 5AM. Today i opened my testing forum at 6PM and found at home page that no answers today, then go to thread index and there is no anwers also... then I opened the thread - I found there my published post with creation date 5PM (again AM and PM bugs... i planned it to 5AM). But on home page and thread index page there is still no answers (even after refreshing) and it's looks like there is no new posts.
sorry, I have been swamped with work and have not had a chance to look at it. thanks for continued testing though.

is the user's time matching their actual computer time? The date/time picker uses the local computer time. if the local computer time does not match the user's MyBB time, then there will be an issue/mismatch. I can not change how the picker and javascript pulls time (at least I do not know how).

i have not forgotten about this, I just need to find the time to correct the time conversion from local/user/forum/server time.
(2011-08-09, 04:13 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]is the user's time matching their actual computer time?

Yes.

Quote:The date/time picker uses the local computer time. if the local computer time does not match the user's MyBB time, then there will be an issue/mismatch.

But i may don't use the time picker... I can type date by myself. I think result will be the same.
yes, it wil still be an issue. i need to check how mybb determines its time from php (server time) and then deal with it that way.

i just dont have time to spend on it today
ok...
Pages: 1 2 3 4