MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best way to advertise my site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a new forum, http://halo-universe.com . What us the best way to advertise it? I have had a few guests but little registrations Sad
Make a posting contest which members can win prizes like domains...etc.
I dont have any domains to offer though. I suppose I could offer to buy them one if they wanted it. What else could I offer?
Hosting??
Cash, if there is one thing anyone would like, it is cash. If you make a contest to win $100 dollars i bet you will have a lot of users.
But when the contest is over that is a different story
Hosting or domains isn't something very appropriate for a Halo forum. The idea is to invite true Halo fans which might stick around, not some newbie trying to make a quick buck and leave.

Money is always good. And a free copy of Halo Gear would be kickass too, or some other Halo related item. Be creative.
Awesome skin Big Grin Who made that?

And yea, try to work with some Halo related fan sites or blogs and get advertising on them, or start your own fan blog and use it to get search engine hits to your forum. Don't do a contest until you have at least 50 active members or so, otherwise it will probably end up failing.
That's the problem I have with contests. The only forum I'm active on is mybb. I doubt I'll get a vast audience from it :p

Ideas so far:
- Affliate with gaming/halo sites
- blog (will soon be coming anyway)
- halo wiki - in the process of - only need someone who knows everything about halo to help me out as my knowledge is far from extensive Smile
- contests - prizes: halo games, Reach tshirts, signed items etc

Any more?
Offer to buy a copy?
Oh yeah that was meant to be on the list too. As well as merchandise such as figurines Smile
Pages: 1 2 3