MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone here a member of Mensa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says, is anyone here a member of Mensa?

I'm going to give the practice test a go to see how I do, then if I get 145+ I'll apply for a supervised test Smile

I printed out a practice test from another site and got 142, and the requirement for Mensa is 145+ so I might have a chance Smile

Looking to improve my UCAS :p
Are you saying your IQ is 142? I did a lot of tests and the most i could get was 82 to 84
(2010-10-01, 07:23 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying your IQ is 142? I did a lot of tests and the most i could get was 82 to 84

@dikidera :

The average human IQ is 100.

@Tommyk :

The last time i renewed my membership with Mensa it was only an IQ over 132 that was needed to be a member...

I would not recommend to anyone having an IQ higher than 145 to apply there, this is why i left... Wink

It depends on the IQ test taken. I assume, with you being non-english, you ttok the Culture Fair test. That has an entry requirement of 132.

mensa Wrote:* Cattell III B - 148
* Culture Fair - 132
* Ravens Advanced Matrices - 135
* Ravens Standard Matrices - 131
* Wechsler Scales - 132
No, i was evaluated with the limited "Wechsler" test, that cannot go over 150...

I believe from, what you wrote, that you are expecting to pass the "Cattell III B" test!

I normally suggest people i know to pass the Mensa.be french test and see how they perform, before paying for an official test...

May i suggest you to go once in a get together of Menseans before paying? This way you will not get a bad surprise! Wink
Tbh it's mainly for my UCAS uni application :p

I have applied for the home test before taking the supervised test Smile

In a school in my town 5 kids aged 13-16 are menseans Smile 2 got 160 out of 161 and the others got 151-158 Smile
Also you realise that the IQ test variants are weighted? So a 132 in the wechsler Scale = 160 in Cattel III B Toungue
Yes i know about the conversion charts, bell curve and everything... Wink

Approximatively 2% of any school students can be Menseans from the statistics!

And 5% of that 2% would be quite unhappy in Mensa.

If you want to know my experience in Mensa and other groups, i can tell you in PM.

Isn't 145 regarded as genius? My IQ is only 125 or thereabouts Sad
(2010-10-01, 07:18 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to improve my UCAS :p

Hmm I'd agree. Its apparent that many more people wont get into there first uni of choice next year. I'd go try it just to get the title. It would make you stand out that and the Duke of Edinburgh award.

Other stuff too stand out such as more volunteer work plus many unis like people who have part time jobs. In your personal statement its all about selling yourself to the universities and trust me they like this sort of stuff so I'd suggest you might aswell try it out

Sorry, what is Mensa?
Pages: 1 2