MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Beer Fest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: beer-l.jpg]

A lot of people in the world likes to drink beer. There are many manufacturers of beer.

Let's see which beer people from MyBB love.

Something more about Beers:

Samuel Adams (Dark), United States
- Americans love beer. But while we admittedly received many votes for Budweiser and Coors Light, suffice it to say that these "plain" beers did not make the cut for true beer lovers. This said, one beer that definitely stands out amongst the best American beers on the market is Boston's Samuel Adams, far and away. Perfect taste in draft or in a bottle.

Sleeman Lager (Blond), Canada

Besides maple syrup, hockey and bacon, Canada is also renowned for its great beer. Like the US, there are many "popular" beers made by the 2 main brewers: Labatt's Blue is a good beer, and Molson's Export and Canadian are popular ones (the latter, to quote Gavin: "Goes down smooth, doesn't (usually) come back up").

But none of these come close to Sleeman, a microbrewery that boasts several brands, the stalwart being the green-labeled Lager. Add a lime to that baby and no Canadian night is too cold.

Beck's (Blond), Germany

Germany is synonymous with two things: soccer and beer. And when it comes to beer, the Germans have so many great brands, having gone as far as developing the German Beer Purity Law from 1516.

While there are many fine beers, the most popular quality one is definitely Beck's. Yes, the Yuengling Premium is a gem, Warsteiner is a bitter force, but nothing beats Beck's on a hot afternoon. And as the votes showed, I am not alone in this assessment

Harp (Blond), Ireland

A light, blond beer from Ireland, Harp received many votes as the top blond beer. All things said, it was nice to see that Harp, a.k.a. Guinness Light, got the votes it did and is apparently out of the shadow of that other beer brewed by the world's largest brewery. Guess which brewery I'm referring to.

Double Diamond (Amber), England

Double Diamond did not get nearly as many votes as our panel expected, but being the favorite of many beer drinkers worldwide, Double D remains a gem, pure and simple. It is a smooth amber beer with little aftertaste. As popular as it is, it was not the most popular dark beer on the list.

Corona (Blond), Mexico

All right, based on votes, Corona is a very popular beer, but this is mostly a reflection of our readership's geographic location. Corona was so popular that we had to include it in the list to be fair, since votes were important. And unlike many other beers that were preferred, Corona is a good beer after all. But definitely not the best Mexican beer.
Because of this, try Dos Equis or Tecate -- either one will make Corona look wimpy. Of course, not in the eyes of one reader who added, "Hands down, no bitterness and smooth... like my girlfriend's back!" in reference to Corona.

Stella Artois (Blond), Belgium

The Belgians love many things: rich chocolate, mayonnaise and beer. While there are many great beers around, Benoit was the most blunt, choosing Duvel and adding that "nothing beats blonds." Even the Delerium Tremens that comes in a funky bottle has some substance to back the style.
But for the most part, the top votes in terms of quality went to none other than Stella Artois. That's right: Stella, Stella. Perfectly bitter, yet smooth. While we are in Belgium, it should be noted that the Belgians get credit for the best white beers. There, I said it.

Guinness (Stout), Ireland

How better to introduce Guinness than to quote what one reader, Janice Comiskey, had to say: "I have to be honest, I really hate beer. But I recently went to Dublin and experienced the first beer I have ever liked: Guinness, a stout beer I'm told, with a thick head. Really delicious with a slight bitter taste, it has quite a kick! Combine this with the spirit and hospitality of Dublin's pubs and it's an evening unto itself!"
Need I say more? Actually, yes: do not be tempted by the beer in the can. Only the draught will do. As Derek mentioned: "Guinness is what Sinead O'Connor really meant when she sang, "Nothing Compares to You."

Newcastle (Dark), England

Newcastle is widely recognized as one of the finest dark beers, and it has been exclusively brewed in Newcastle since 1927. Actually, the beer tastes different in a bottle than in draft. The bottle version has a sweet aftertaste and is interestingly a perfect complement to some desserts.
No, I haven't been drinking, and you need not take my word for it. Next time you order a chocolate cake, order a bottled Newcastle and see for yourself. Understandably, the classic taste comes when being served as a draft.

Heineken (Blond), Netherlands

Heineken is, if the votes were any indication, the most popular beer in the world, and amongst the most recognizable brands around. The top spot goes to Heineken, but any Heineken lover should try another Dutch offering.
Without taking anything away from this great beer, the Netherlands has another tasty beer that received less votes but deserves much praise, and that is the Grolsch brand, which comes in its signature pop-up bottle. Other Dutch beers that got a substantial amount of votes were Amstel and Amstel Light.

Amstel, Dutch

-Amstel Brewery (Amstelbrouwerij) is a Dutch brewery founded in 1870 on the Mauritskade in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It was taken over by Heineken International in 1968, and the brewing plant closed down in 1982, with production moving to the main Heineken plant at Zoeterwoude.

If you want me to change some Beer in Poll you can PM me.

Enjoy in MyBB Beer Fest - JovanJ.
Stella for me but if Fosters was on there, it would be that. Smile
Moosehead, Labbat 50, Molson powershot.

In that order.
I'm T-Total.
I most prefer Tuborg (Blond), Danish and Heineken (Blond), Netherlands Big Grin
I can't stand the taste of any alcohol.
(2010-10-04, 05:35 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I can't stand the taste of any alcohol.

This and the fact that I'm underage. Sad
I'm not, which makes it even more depressing.
Stella comes first for me, then Guinness, then Heineken and finally one not on the list: Fosters.
(2010-10-04, 05:35 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I can't stand the taste of any alcohol.

I assume you've done all the mixes? Orange juice and vodka, the fruity ones too? Some of them are really tasty, just you have to be careful, they really have high levels Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4