MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Recently upgraded to 1.6 from 1.4.1 (off memory) and everything has been fine except when I try to update a user's profile under the AdminCP I tet the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET email='[email protected]', postnum='0', usergroup='2', additionalgroups='', displaygroup='2', usertitle='', signature='', website='', icq='0', aim='', yahoo='', msn='', style='0', timezone='0', dateformat='0', timeformat='0', language='', allownotices='1', hideemail='0', subscriptionmethod='0', invisible='0', dstcorrection='2', threadmode='linear', showsigs='1', showavatars='1', showquickreply='1', remember='', receivepms='1', pmnotice='1', daysprune='0', showcodebuttons='1', pmnotify='0', showredirect='1', tpp='0', ppp='0' WHERE uid='58'

I used the script to upgrade and don't and didn't have any plugins running. This error doesn't happen if a revision is made via the UserCP....just happens when revising via the Admin CP.

Any ideas on what to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance with any assistance.
@OP: There's a nice big sticky called 1.6 UPGRADE TROUBLESHOOTING. It is such a shame that people cannot be arsed to read it. Undecided
(2010-10-05, 06:37 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]@OP: There's a nice big sticky called 1.6 UPGRADE TROUBLESHOOTING. It is such a shame that people cannot be arsed to read it. Undecided

Kyuubi, thanks for the tip but I searched the problem first and I started there and Matt's explanation didn't cover how to fix the problem - I didn't merge into 1.6 I converted so I didn't want to apply that solution without someone with knowledge confirming it would solve my issue. Can YOU confirm that reloading MyBB Merge System applies to my problem. If so, thanks in advance....if not, please let others answer my question without a smart Lightbulb answer.
You didn't say anything about merging from other software in your original post at all, and the merge system loginconvert plugin doesn't affect the ACP anyway. If all you've done is go from 1.4 > 1.6 like you said in your first post, and not converted from other software, then the merge system has nothing to do with anything and shouldn't be/have been run.

As the sticky thread says, this error happens if your files have not been updated properly, or you've got 1.4 plugins active. That's all explained in the first paragraph:

Quote:Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly, so they have overwritten the old files. This column was removed in the upgrade so if you're getting this error, your files are still looking for it. Also make sure you've not got any plugins running that are not 1.6 compatible.

Also, if you really had been running 1.4.1 for the past 2 years, I'd suggest keeping up with releases a bit more, as you've had hundreds of unfixed bugs and have been vulnerabile to some security issues for some time.
Hi Matt,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Sorry for not making myself clear and a typo....I started with 1.4.11 in February (haven't been on MyBB before that) and delayed my upgrade until a few weeks ago until I felt comfortable doing the upgrade. It was an upgrade from 1.4.11 (that's what I was on if my memory serves me well) and believe I followed the instructions for the migration/upgrade (correct - it was not conversion from another type of board) to 1.6 using the script.

I thought all was well but found the noted error yesterday, so I obviously did something wrong. When I look at plug ins, I don't see any in that section of AdminCP...but it does look weird being empty since I believe the following are plug-ins? Google Analytics and Side Boxes??

How do I fix my problem now that I'm running 1.6?
Ah, 1.4.11 isn't so bad.

So when you go to ACP > Configuration > Plugins, does it just have Akismet and Hello World, or nothing at all??

Have you used the feature that allows you to rename your admin folder?? What a lot of people have done is renamed it and then just uploaded the /admin/ folder from the package, so they have the /admin/ folder with the 1.6 files, and their old renamed admin folder with the 1.4 files still, if you see what I mean. If you have renamed it, upload the contents of the /admin/ folder to your renamed admin folder. If you go to ACP > Configuration, do you have an option called 'Thread Prefixes' in the menu down the left??
It has nothing at all. I have not used the renaming feature and I didn't keep a copy of my old 1.4.11 folders so is there anything I can do to fix my problem now that I'm on 1.6? I may be able to retrieve a backup, but doing that would cause me to lose all new posts since the backup.

I don't see "Thread Prefixes" in the menu on the left under Configuration.
If that option isn't there then it's not got the 1.6 files, for the ACP at least... upload all the 1.6 files again so they overwrite the existing files and see what happens, you won't lose anything by doing that.
Thank you so much Matt for the guidance. I think I'll hold off on this until Friday or the weekend since our forum is very active during the week. I assume you want me to run the script and follow the instructions in the wiki: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading...he_Upgrade

I'll report back if it fixes my problem.
Pages: 1 2