MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RE: moved to a new IP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
all,

I moved from a windows to linux server recently. I gained a new IP address and now of course I've got the following on my forum's index page:

[Image: forumError.jpg]

could someone tell me what I need to change to get that message 'gone'? thanks so much!
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team
(2010-10-07, 11:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team

Matt,

I do not have a config.php file in the INC folder. Is there any place that I can switch my IP address? I switched to Linux. Isn't that the main problem? I assume it's not because of my password, but rather the IP change. NO?
If you don't have a config.php file then you can expect these errors to continue.
You must have a config.php - I can't see how you would get the error you posted above if you didn't.
If you didn't have a config.php you'd be getting an error saying you need to install. It's got to be getting the username in that error from somewhere, it's only stored in config.php... the error is saying there's an issue with your password so that's what the problem is, the username and password combination isn't right.
(2010-10-08, 08:49 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn't have a config.php you'd be getting an error saying you need to install. It's got to be getting the username in that error from somewhere, it's only stored in config.php... the error is saying there's an issue with your password so that's what the problem is, the username and password combination isn't right.

hey you guys...which one of these subfolders would the config.php file be in?

[Image: forumlist.jpg]

the above file list is the root of my forum software. thanks! If you guys tell me where it should be I'll show you a DOS list of that folder as well.
You can't not have an inc folder otherwise there wouldn't be anything to load the error you're seeing. If that is all you've got in your file system you're missing a hell of a lot of files.
(2010-10-08, 01:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can't not have an inc folder otherwise there wouldn't be anything to load the error you're seeing. If that is all you've got in your file system you're missing a hell of a lot of files.

well that's nice Matt, but I can tell you 100% that I only had that many when downloaded the damn thing!

what do you suggest I do sir? I have to get my content back out of the database at the very least. I have no idea why I didn't get them, but I've got more than 100 records in the database (wherever it is!).

So...install the software again? how do I get my content back?
Don't install again as it'd overwrite the database.

There's still something that doesn't make any sense here though; in that screenshot you've got no inc folder but there has to be an inc folder to a. show this formatted error and b. store the config file, which it has to be doing somewhere, because it's showing a username and it can't be getting that out of thin air. Ultimately it doesn't look like it's even using that file system.
Pages: 1 2