MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyDevel: Generate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thanks a lot for this plugin Smile
What exactly does this plugin do,I am a bit confused.

Does this make topics automatically ?

Or does it allow you to view from different groups without logging in and out?

(2010-10-31, 07:54 PM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly does this plugin do,I am a bit confused.

Does this make topics automatically ?

Or does it allow you to view from different groups without logging in and out?

When you are creating a plugin or theme where you need a lot of users/topics/posts for, it can take you ages to do this by hand and a lot longer if you want topics/posts from different users because you need to manually login/logout every user account.

The first thing what this plugin lets you do is, generate random users so you don't have to create dummy users for testing. Here you have the option to select user groups which ones can be assigned randomly. So if you select "Registered" and "Moderator" the generated users will be in group "Registered" OR "Moderator".

Then you can generate threads (topics) where the author can be a random user picked from the users you just created. Here you have the option to select the forums in which you would like to create these threads. If the forum has subforums it will also pick a random forum out of these.

Then you can generate posts as replies to threads that are created. The options are the same as with threads.

This plugin is for development purposes only so I wouldn't recommend using this on a live site.
With this plugin we will spend more time designing and developing our work rather than filling up the test forum to see certain parts of our work (pagination for example). Great job Smile
(2010-10-31, 10:30 PM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]With this plugin we will spend more time designing and developing our work rather than filling up the test forum to see certain parts of our work (pagination for example). Great job Smile

That is main purpose of this plugin indeed. Thanks Big Grin
Oh okay that makes since now. This can be very useful.
Before i install, does it just generate lorem text, or other text?
(2010-11-01, 02:57 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Before i install, does it just generate lorem text, or other text?

Random lorem text. It's not always "Lorem ipsum ..." but it will arrange the words from the lorem-text in a random order and return that.
After activation, link in configuration doesn't seems to appear ??
(2010-11-01, 04:01 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-01, 02:57 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Before i install, does it just generate lorem text, or other text?

Random lorem text. It's not always "Lorem ipsum ..." but it will arrange the words from the lorem-text in a random order and return that.

Great, i just wanted to make sure its just not random "FJdfjklahjfdsahjflsahjlt hjf adfhladf " Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9