MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Garage System Beta Testers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-10-25, 03:02 AM)Dutchcoffee Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to try it out, but unfortunately, I don't have a mechanical related forum.

And I'd probably just test it on localhost.

does not need to be mechanical at all. it can be computers, video game, boats, houses, collections of any kind like dolls, sports trading cards, pez dispensers, etc.

the system can be used for anything and unless you name the public portion "garage" or edit the language files, that term is never used.
I want in, I PM'd you and hopefully you'll allow us to be in the beta.
The plugin is working great!
Though I was wondering if you're going to make it so when users attach images to their garage that the images will be re-sized when uploaded.
Most users, myself included, will make the connection that a garage system == vehicles, trucks, mechanical. The feedback you're getting in this thread confirms that.
Maybe you should consider renaming the plugin since it can be used for much more than just for cars and a garage. Say showcase? MyShowcase? Wink
(2010-11-15, 10:05 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Most users, myself included, will make the connection that a garage system == vehicles, trucks, mechanical. The feedback you're getting in this thread confirms that.
Maybe you should consider renaming the plugin since it can be used for much more than just for cars and a garage. Say showcase? MyShowcase? Wink

That is a good suggestion, thanks. I will check for existing names like that and see what I can do.

It started off as a garage system for me (given my site niche) and it kind of stuck. Since I wanted to support trucks and boats and things, I made it flexible. Just happened to be so flexible that you can 'showcase' anything.
(2010-11-15, 09:56 PM)YoshyRyuDCC Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin is working great!
Though I was wondering if you're going to make it so when users attach images to their garage that the images will be re-sized when uploaded.

they are not "resized" per se, but the thumbnail dimensions you specify for each garage are used to generate thumbnails of the approriate size, or leave the image alone if its already small enough.

its identical to the mybb attachment code/system.
(2010-11-15, 10:16 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]they are not "resized" per se, but the thumbnail dimensions you specify for each garage are used to generate thumbnails of the approriate size, or leave the image alone if its already small enough...

I know, and I like that it creates a thumbnail of the photo attachments. The thing is, that some of the images that people might attach are ridiculously huge. Not everyone knows how to resize their photos after getting them off their cameras, and some people who do still don't make them small enough for sharing them on forums.
I will look into adding this, but it would require rewriting the default MyBB thumbnail code that I am using.

See this thread for the discussion of the issues

http://community.mybb.com/thread-78129.html
(2010-10-22, 05:33 AM)BrickMaster Wrote: [ -> ]I would definitely sign up if you need something more than an image gallery. I already see some great ideas that everyone would be able to take advantage of. As pavemen said, it's not just for cars and trucks. You can easily customize it into almost anything you like. A gallery for trading cards, pets, furniture, whatever really.

That would be great! I am glad to hear on the project that you are working on. I am a furniture designer and it would be easy for me to have clients after I have posted my furniture creations in your image gallery, it sounds cool!

Is this beta still open? I'd love to take part in it.
Thanks for bumping the thread Euantor, I also am interested in this - I am hoping it can run alongside XThreads? I don't use the XThreads Garage as it is restricted to one forum etc, so I would be willing to test drive this .
Pages: 1 2 3 4