MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude Awaiting Activation grp from Newest Member (Board Statistics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I posted this as an idea here, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

When a new member signs up, and is awaiting activation, currently they show up in the "Board Statistics" area as the newest member. Well, it may be that they don't get approved for some reason, so I would prefer that my existing members do not even see this person yet -- show them once they are actually part of the Registered Users group, and not before. Is there any way to exempt the "Awaiting Activation" group from this area, so they will only show up once they are part of the "Registered" group?
Actually its quite a good idea, i like it.
Might anyone be able to make this happen? Please? Smile
This is necessary to exclude the spam registrations from general members list.
(2010-10-16, 12:53 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]This is necessary to exclude the spam registrations from general members list.

Another good reason. It just seems like an error/oversight that things are this way.
I have to agree, can we pleas squeeze this into 1.6.1? Please? Smile
1.6.1? O_o another mybb release soon?? @_@
(2010-10-18, 06:01 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]1.6.1? O_o another mybb release soon?? @_@

It would be a small update usually bug fixes and security fixes. Sometimes they do throw really tiny things like this in there though.
(2010-10-18, 06:01 PM)1master1 Wrote: [ -> ]1.6.1? O_o another mybb release soon?? @_@

Maintenance/security releases...?? The same as all other software??

I highly doubt we'd change something that's been that way for years in a maintenance release though, just because a few people agree with it; we don't implement every other feature a few people want into every maintenance release, and more people would ask why it's not updating as they're used to than would prefer the change.
(2010-10-18, 06:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I highly doubt we'd change something that's been that way for years in a maintenance release though, just because a few people agree with it; we don't implement every other feature a few people want into every maintenance release, and more people would ask why it's not updating as they're used to than would prefer the change.

But the way it behaves currently does not make any sense. If new members are set to require admin activation, there is no reason for them to show up here before they have been activated. I can't think of a valid reason for having it as it is, so it just looks like an oversight to be corrected. If some still want this as it is, perhaps it could simply be a configuration option that gets added -- Show members "Awaiting Activation" as newest member? Yes/No. I just can't think of a good reason for the "yes".
Pages: 1 2 3 4