MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mod dev Simon S. warning (norton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Norton reports Simon S. website as unsafe content. He has provided 5, 312 downloads to the myBB community thus far. Dodgy

Watch the YouTube vid or read my post. myBB mod slam-naughty devs & aftercare

i am 12 and what is this
(2010-10-11, 09:54 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]i am 12 and what is this

i am 40 & it is a website reported as unsafe.
And what do you expect MyBB to do about this?

If you have a problem with it, you report it to the website's host.
(2010-10-11, 10:29 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]And what do you expect MyBB to do about this?

If you have a problem with it, you report it to the website's host.

i expect us to be aware of the problem. simple. over 5000 downloads later, there might be over 5000 infected computers due to myBB mods from 1 man. that's a big number.

update: and, i'll report it where it does the most good. that means here in myBB as well. thanks.
The plugins are uploaded to MyBB and the code is reviewed by the staff before being accepted. It is absolutely safe to download Simon's plugins. You could have just kindly contacted Simon to sort it out, because most likely it's something up with the servers where his website is hosted at.

And you seriously made a 3 minute video because of this?
(2010-10-11, 10:37 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]And you seriously made a 3 minute video because of this?

it's the way i am. like it or lump it.
The plugins aren't infected. Profile Design certainly isn't.
I just checked on an old download and current, i got nothing. From Norton :/
(2010-10-11, 11:09 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked on an old download and current, i got nothing. From Norton :/

got nothing on what? supposedly there is downloads on that site that enter your computer & sends you false claims of viruses & infections. Who knows WHAT happens after that? depending upon whether or not you decide to click on the false message i guess. bad.

i'm going to take advice & report it to the host. in the meantime, i'm not done. i wrote about this to prevent something bad from happening to someone. i'm sticking to it.
Pages: 1 2