MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hook system now in phpbb3??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i think, phpbb3 now have realized that maintaining a forum upgrade with making so many file edits is a mess... ........... they have ALSO started working on hooks.
http://blog.phpbb.com/2010/10/09/explaining-hooks/

nice to see that.............. but at the moment MyBB rocks.

also will love to discuss any difference between MyBB hooks and phpbb3 planned hook system in a healthy way.

Please please don't use this topic for criticizing any forum script.
phpbb has been trying to do this since 2.x with automod it's just that since it's not part of the default phpbb it fails with a lot of mods still.
ooopps i didn't knew that they have been trying it since 2.x
lets see if they can do it in 3.x...
Too little, too late.
PHPBB fails on so many levels.

They haven't even bothered to put the statistics in a number format.

All it takes is one line.

$string = number_format($string);

The only good thing about it is the slogan (creating communities), but it will never beat MyBB's (Free never tasted so good.)
I thought phpBB was dead long ago. Glad to hear them again. Smile
I actually think it's for phpBB4, if I'm not mistaken.
(2010-10-12, 07:46 PM)x_Stricken_x Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think it's for phpBB4, if I'm not mistaken.

You are mistaken, considering it says 3.1 in the first sentence of the article.
(2010-10-12, 07:47 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-12, 07:46 PM)x_Stricken_x Wrote: [ -> ]I actually think it's for phpBB4, if I'm not mistaken.

You are mistaken, considering it says 3.1 in the first sentence of the article.

I'm on the MyBB community forums, you really think I'm going to be arsed to go to phpBB's site? And besides, I worded that wrong. I meant to say I thought I read something more about hooks/hook plans in phpBB4. Sorry about that
Their system works essentially the same as ours.
Pages: 1 2