MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Myshoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've looked all over on the portal & forum pages, I don't see it.

I have to say as a visitor, I'm annoyed by your domain setup.

I understand the need to use a short domain like "overlyconfident.tk" to cover up "cod-nf.freehostia.com"

However, you have the masking turned on.
This is annoying because wherever I go on your forum, I can't see where I'm at from the address bar. I can't copy the link to share with anyone else.
Instead I need to click around to copy links where I can find them.

This makes it an overall frustrating experience.
(2010-10-13, 04:31 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]I've looked all over on the portal & forum pages, I don't see it.

I have to say as a visitor, I'm annoyed by your domain setup.

I understand the need to use a short domain like "overlyconfident.tk" to cover up "cod-nf.freehostia.com"

However, you have the masking turned on.
This is annoying because wherever I go on your forum, I can't see where I'm at from the address bar. I can't copy the link to share with anyone else.
Instead I need to click around to copy links where I can find them.

This makes it an overall frustrating experience.
WTF are u talkn bout? theres no mp3 player on mine he was tlkn bout http://nf-gaming.tk

(2010-10-13, 06:31 AM)manifest Wrote: [ -> ]WTF are u talkn bout? theres no mp3 player on mine he was tlkn bout http://nf-gaming.tk

Calm down, so I made that mistake, I'm sorry.

Are you unclear about the domain issue?

EDIT:

Anyway, in regards to moving the Shoutbox over, you go into the Index template, grab the Shoutbox code, and move it into the Portal template.
How do i get the shoutbox on the homepage instead of in the forums...here check this out http://overlyconfident.tk go in forums then go all the way down and you'll see the shoutboux i want that in the homepage how do i do it? heres an example of a website with the shoutbox in the homepage http://nf-gaming.tk thats exactly where i want mine too
I found an instruction but i dont understand it..sorry i'm new to mybb
INSTRUCTIONS:
You can now place the shoutbox wherevet you want (again), use '<mysb_shoutbox>' to do so. (without quotes)
- Added a new accepted value ('global_footer') for the place where the shoutbox is displayed and renamed an existing one. ('global' is now 'global_header')
Why'd you start a new thread?

If you go into "Templates & Styles" via your Admin CP, then "Templates" from the left side panel.

You can navigate through your themes' template codes.

Go to Index Templates > Index
And find "<mysb_shoutbox>", delete it off there.

Go back to the main templates page, and open: Portal Templates > Portal

Paste it in there, play around with it until it fits the position you need.
(2010-10-13, 07:10 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Why'd you start a new thread?

If you go into "Templates & Styles" via your Admin CP, then "Templates" from the left side panel.

because no one answers my previous threads...

Do your mean index.. as in the boards home page?

if so, Go to Your template / Index Page Templates / Index

Add
{myshoutbox}

under
{$header}

Then you should have it where you want it.
You may have to remove {myshoutbox} in your footer template if its their.
Yes I did, check again, my last post.

While it's not as detailed as what I just posted here, all you had to do was ask me to be more detailed.

And it doesn't warrant a new thread because someone haven't answered yet, someone could have came later and still provided that answer. Your thread was still on page 1 of the support section.
(2010-10-13, 07:11 AM)manifest Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-13, 07:10 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Why'd you start a new thread?

because no one answers my previous threads...
I dont understand your instructions. mysb_shoutbox isnt in index page templates and how do you paste it in portal templates?

(2010-10-13, 07:14 AM)manifest Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand your instructions. mysb_shoutbox isnt in index page templates and how do you paste it in portal templates?

Depending on which shoutcast plugin you used, the code can very.

I'm just using the same code from your post as an example.

Try looking for the code that littleg instructed, "{myshoutbox}".

Or just in general, look for the word "Shout" which could lead you to the entire code.

And you paste by using the computer's copy & paste functions.

Make a copy of the code, delete it from one place, and paste it to the other.
Pages: 1 2 3 4