MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Sync your users with another MyBB board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a stupid question, the 2 mybb have the same db or different db??

Url is it a problem?

I want use it in http://namesite.com and wiki.namesite.com it work?

Where upload sja?
If I'm looking at this correctly they would need to be different databases with the same column names.

And, remember it's only for syncing mybb boards it won't work with other software as they most likely handle users differently.
i have syncro different db e mybb...but i dont understand how to syncro
(2010-11-12, 05:53 PM)caygri Wrote: [ -> ]i have syncro different db e mybb...but i dont understand how to syncro

Hopefully, my answers below will help get you closer.

(2010-11-10, 12:16 PM)caygri Wrote: [ -> ]...question, the 2 mybb have the same db or different db??

Url is it a problem?

I want use it in http://namesite.com and wiki.namesite.com it work?

Where upload sja?

Hi,
Sorry for the delay:

1) This tut is for different db's / Same server not required / Same server = pretty easy Smile

Note A: Using remote server(s) can add security issues unless you tunnel w/ SSH.
// Note B: Allowing your users to login to your forum without using SSL (https) also adds security issues.  
Toungue

2a) The URL is not an issue, or used in any way

2b) Yes, it will work

3) Where upload sja?

VPS or dedicated server =
/var/scripts/sja (or any folder you want to create)

Shared hosting=
/home/your_user-name/sja (or any new folder you want to use)

// Try it; It's not that hard

(2010-10-30, 04:23 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]just so everyone realizes, this is only to sync user accounts upon registration and does not cover logging in, etc. It is also not an immediate solution as its cron based and will only run at the times you specify. This means that when a user registers on one board, it can take up to 20 minutes for that users to show up on the other board (given the cron setup posted above)

this post is not meant to discourage the use of this pretty cool tutorial. i may use this tut as a base for some other things on my own sites, but i wanted to be clear of what the expectations should be.

Pretty good summary pavemen, thanks.
  • This set-up also syncs:
    password changes,
    email address updates,
    signature content (optional),
    and many other things (depending on which columns you include or exclude)**

**Admins need to choose a "Master forum" and modify some userCP (and registration) links in the slave to point toward the master.

i syncro the db only with sql yog I upload the file in the root forum and wiki the tutorial is not easy and clareness
Hi again caygri,
I answered your question re: file paths, did you see that?

(2010-11-25, 09:41 AM)caygri Wrote: [ -> ]...upload the file in the root forum...

The cron job example...
Cron job
10,30,50 * * * * "/var/scripts/sja/sja" "/var/scripts/sja/mydomain.com.xml" >/dev/null 2>&1
...clearly shows you don't upload to the forum root.

1) sja/sja is the file you download (from the Google link)
2) mydomain.com.xml is the file you create based on the example sample file ' sja-sample2 '

If this is not clear and easy for you now, it will be in the future when you have even more experience. Smile
  • "That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to ask more questions, if you want to.

then i don't buy the license of sqlyog... is it so easy? loool, and if i want to connect 3 domains?

it's not possible. becuz it s better to connect to ftp panel. This method it's not reccomended
but i don't understand when i use the sqlyog... i syncronize forum1 to forum2 and forum3, and forum2 to forum 1 and forum3, and forum3 to forum1 and forum2... but i can do this... with just 1 table, mybb_user...
(2011-09-05, 04:42 PM)Kioku Wrote: [ -> ]but i don't understand when i use the sqlyog... i syncronize forum1 to forum2 and forum3, and forum2 to forum 1 and forum3....

Hi, Sorry about the delay answering:
Much better to choose one 'master' (the only one where people reg), and then you are syncing to the other forums.

Pages: 1 2 3