MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Sync your users with another MyBB board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can this be used to sync with a non-mybb user table? I'm assuming it can be right? I would like to see an example where a user table from a basic authentication system is used to sync to the forum so that when you register on the site it creates a forum account for you.
(2014-01-21, 02:18 AM)Synthetisoft Wrote: [ -> ]Can this be used to sync with a non-mybb user table? I'm assuming it can be right? I would like to see an example where a user table from a basic authentication system is used to sync to the forum so that when you register on the site it creates a forum account for you.

Good question, but sorry...
The SQLyog Job Agent (SJA) for Linux needs both tables to have matching schema (columns)

Welcome to MyBB Smile
Excuse me for bumping a very old thread, but I could use some advice.

I used email to check the error tho it also generates log:

Error Message:
Quote:SQLyog Job Agent v12.2.1 (32 bit) Copyright© Webyog Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Sync started at Sun Mar 20 10:55:03 2016

ERROR: 2005, Unknown MySQL Server Host 'http://www.mydomain.xyz' (-2) Check sja.log for complete error details.

Here is xml file:
Quote:<job version="8.21">
<syncjob>
<abortonerror abort="yes" />
<fkcheck check="yes" />
<twowaysync twoway="no" />

<source>
<host>localhost</host>
<user>db_username</user>
<pwd>db_password</pwd>
<port>3306</port>
<database>db_name</database>
</source>

<target>
<host>http://wwww.mydomain.xyz</host>
<user>db_username</user>
<pwd>db_password</pwd>
<port>3306</port>
<database>db_name</database>
</target>

<tables all="no">
<table> <name>prefix_users</name>
<columns all="no">
<column>uid</column>
<column>username</column>
<column>password</column>
<column>salt</column>
<column>loginkey</column>
<column>email</column>
</columns>
</table>
</tables>

</syncjob>
</job>

MyBB config files for both database have localhost as hostname: $config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';

So what am I doing wrong or missing?

Thnx
(2016-03-20, 06:00 PM)bpt Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse me for bumping a very old thread, but I could use some advice.

I used email to check the error tho it also generates log:

Error Message:
Quote:SQLyog Job Agent v12.2.1 (32 bit) Copyright© Webyog Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Sync started at Sun Mar 20 10:55:03 2016

ERROR: 2005, Unknown MySQL Server Host 'http://www.mydomain.xyz' (-2) Check sja.log for complete error details.

MyBB config files for both database have localhost as hostname: $config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';

So what am I doing wrong or missing?

Thnx

Hi, sorry I didn't see this before.
Your remote DB connection has issues.

I've used this with both DB's on the same server. Remote should work if you get the connection details correct and the database has permissions allowing a remote connection, perhaps only from one or two "white-listed IP's" which you control?
Nothing seems to work. The Google files don't exist.
Pages: 1 2 3