MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Search Engine Bots List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-01-18, 05:24 PM)TheGodFather Wrote: [ -> ][...] and helps in indexing when there are restricted forums for guests.

Bots should ALWAYS have the same rights as guests. Otherwise it's called cloaking.
Why are some bots listed twice? For example you have this below.

1: Baidu[B] - Baiduspider
2: Baidu[S] - Baiduspider

Both those listed use the same user-agent string, the only difference is you've added [S] and [B] after the spider bots name. But they are exactly the same if you remove the brackets, no difference at all from what I can see. Plus, I've spotted a few other cases like this while just adding some of them, so I wanted to ask why because it looks like I'm adding duplicate entries of the same bot?
lol. it happens so bro. its not a small list to check each entry for duplicate bot. i added them after collecting from different sources. well, now if you dont want to have duplicate entries, just delete them. i'm sure there are not much duplicate bots. i tried to eliminate as many duplicate bots as i can. somewhere in 2nd page, i added my bots list that are around 70bots indexing and are unique.
OK, I just wanted to know if I was correct in what I was thinking before proceeding any further.

I'm doing it now by adding them all to a "database" using MS Works, adding two database fields, then they can be arranged by either Bot Name or User-Agent String (A-Z). It will be easy to spot all the duplicates and remove them from the list.
yeah. you can.
i dont have much time in filtering them so my another intention is, if i leave those duplicate bots as they are, i can just remove duplicate entries when the bots crawls the site and when i feel that the bot is still active. because, most of the bots are dead by now as i collected from old and new sources. i think, now its not the time to remove those duplicates entries putting extra effort as we dont know still they are alive or not.
once i found a bot crawling and if it has duplicate entires(which will be around 4-6 or less), i will just remove them manually, keeping the unique ones.
The easy way to be honest, is just follow this link and add them from this site below. They are already sorted out and the database is kept updated, I added them all from there today: http://www.wolfshead-solutions.com/spiders-list
(2011-02-06, 06:41 PM)Gary Bolton Wrote: [ -> ]The easy way to be honest, is just follow this link and add them from this site below. They are already sorted out and the database is kept updated, I added them all from there today: http://www.wolfshead-solutions.com/spiders-list

Bookmarked. Thank You!
Yes, Gary Bolton.

I had collected the bots from there also and i see they are not importable to mybb database as like they are. So, i made them importable to the database in sql format.

My list contains around 1150 which includes all mostly known available bots (including dead and alive)
Thanks for this but.Now i have 20+ on "Who's Online List" Can i minimze the number of Bota viewed on Who's Online list ?
(2011-02-25, 01:02 PM)hellothere1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this but.Now i have 20+ on "Who's Online List" Can i minimze the number of Bota viewed on Who's Online list ?

That's the whole idea behind it, so you can see which are Bots online, that might be fooled into otherwise thinking they are human guests.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5