MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User titles not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
i have created new group for newbies having posts < 10, but how to make it working.......
no reply......????!!!!
Please reply.......Sad
I have created a new group Newbie but it is not working. all the new members r going to group member where i have set post count max 50+.....
how to make this work....?
Try changing the "Registered" group to "Newbie" and then making a new group that has a 50+ post requirement.
there is no group with name registered users.. i have created this newbie group...but i have to manually move those users in this group...what to do so that it will happen automatically....?
actually, there is....

admin cp > users and groups > groups > Registered
Quote:there is no group with name registered users.. i have created this newbie group...but i have to manually move those users in this group...what to do so that it will happen automatically....?

When you install Mybb, there are 7 default groups.
One of those is Registered.
If you don't have the group name "Registered", create one and all the users will go to the "Registered" group.

If still this doesn't solves your problem, feel free to PM me/
(2010-10-17, 06:16 AM)Akshay.S Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have the group name "Registered", create one and all the users will go to the "Registered" group.

That's not true. New members are put in the group with gid 2, creating a new Registered group won't make new members go into that group, just as renaming the Registered group won't stop new members going there.

Setup the group with gid 2 for newbies, if it's not called Registered then you've changed the name at some point.

To see the gid just hover over the group name in the ACP, e.g.
http://yoursite.com/admin/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=2

Also, please don't create duplicate threads for the same problem, you can bump threads after 24 hours without a response.
how to reduce the time limit between two posts...??

(2010-10-17, 03:18 PM)jatt Wrote: [ -> ]how to reduce the time limit between two posts...??

Admin CP> Settings>Posting>Post Flood Time
and how to disable custom user title opton for users.....
Pages: 1 2 3