MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some plugins not working on other themes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, I know this is my first post, but I'm in need of some help here, and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently started a MyBB forum (I love it btw) my issue is that I have 2 themes that I'm currently using at the moment. One is the BlackEvo4 and the other is BlackEvo4 v2 Space. I installed BlackEvo4 first and I have the UserGroupsLegend and Thanks plugins installed, but it only shows up for BlackEvo4 theme, it wont show up for the other one. I'm not sure what to do here, I'm a little new with MyBB. I also have a few other plugins that work on both themes, like the limit thread per user for each section of a forum, it works for both btw.

Also is it possible to change the color of all the forum text on BlackEvo4 from cyan to the same one as BlackEvo4 v2 Space? If that's possible I would really appreciate the help of how to do so.

My site: http://versx.info/forums
I can setup a test account for a trusted member of this forum to help me also, or if you'd like you could come on teamviewer.

Thanks again and like I said before, all and any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you need anymore information just let me know. I'll be watching this thread.
Try to deactivate/activate the plugin, and see if it works on the theme. chances are the plugin didn't edit your theme's templates correctly
Alright well here is a new problem, whenever I try to disable either the Group Legend or the Thanks plugin I get this error now:
"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare find_replace_templatesets() (previously declared in /usr/www/private/private/forums/inc/adminfunctions_templates.php:22) in /usr/www/private/private/forums/inc/adminfunctions_templates.php on line 101"

When I open the adminfunctions_templates.php file in notepad++ and go to line 101 its just the } to end the php file followed by ?> on the next line. Do you know how I could fix this?
Try reuploading that file from a fresh download. Smile
I still get the same error Sad thank you for trying though.

Now it doesn't even show up on either of the themes and I don't see the UserGroupsLegend in the settings only in the plugins section. This is getting a little frustrating.
If you don't have the legend.
You can add it manually.

Just go to ACP > Templates and Style > click on templates > Select your template and click on options which is located to the extreme right of the names of the theme.
Then click on expand, then go to Footer Templates, and then edit the footer.php and your problem will be solved.
(2010-10-17, 05:25 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]Try reuploading that file from a fresh download. Smile

(2010-10-17, 06:23 AM)Akshay.S Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have the legend.
You can add it manually.

Just go to ACP > Templates and Style > click on templates > Select your template and click on options which is located to the extreme right of the names of the theme.
Then click on expand, then go to Footer Templates, and then edit the footer.php and your problem will be solved.

Okay, but what am I suppose to add to the footer template? The plugin is in .php, templates are in html.
The legend doesn't even show now on any of my themes, since darkly told me to put in a fresh download of the plugin (Not trying to flame, just saying)
Quote:darkly Wrote:
Try reuploading that file from a fresh download.

(Today 11:53 AM)
Akshay.S Wrote:
You can add it manually.

Okay, but what am I suppose to add to the footer template? The plugin is in .php, templates are in html.
The legend doesn't even show now on any of my themes, since darkly told me to put in a fresh download of the plugin (Not trying to flame, just saying)

Just use a simple HTML code, and then click on Save and Return to Listing.
Mybb's inbuilt debugger will recognize it.
(2010-10-17, 06:48 AM)Akshay.S Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:darkly Wrote:
Try reuploading that file from a fresh download.

(Today 11:53 AM)
Akshay.S Wrote:
You can add it manually.

Just use a simple HTML code, and then click on Save and Return to Listing.
Mybb's inbuilt debugger will recognize it.

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what to put in the footer, the whole plugin code? I'm not too fluent in CSS ,.php, or html to be honest.

I've added the plugin as an attachment if you want to take a look at it.
Open the index_boardstats template.

Find:
{$whosonline}

Add after:
{$ugl_userlegend}
Pages: 1 2 3