MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unwanted subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A user has informed me that he is getting email notifications of a thread that he did not subscribe to. When the user tries to unsubscribed he gets an error saying:
Quote:Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I ran this database query and it came up with count 0.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `mybb_threadsubscriptions` WHERE `uid` = '1348' AND `tid` = '16263'; 

Any recommendations on how I can fix this for him?
(2010-10-21, 03:38 PM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]A user has informed me that he is getting email notifications of a thread that he did not subscribe to. When the user tries to unsubscribed he gets an error saying:
Quote:Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I ran this database query and it came up with count 0.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `mybb_threadsubscriptions` WHERE `uid` = '1348' AND `tid` = '16263'; 

Any recommendations on how I can fix this for him?

I'm not too sure but maybe if you change the count to the recommended values it might work. Hope that helps.
If someone is not subscribed to a thread wouldn't the count be "0"? If so, then technically the user in question is not subscribed to the thread and shouldn't be getting email notifications. I could be completely wrong in my assumption.
(2010-10-21, 04:42 PM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is not subscribed to a thread wouldn't the count be "0"? If so, then technically the user in question is not subscribed to the thread and shouldn't be getting email notifications. I could be completely wrong in my assumption.
Huh I really don't know, sorry. I'm new to this.
Where are they trying to unsubscribe, on the showthread page?? Revert your showthread template to default, if you've not made any intentional edits to it.
The user attempted to unsubscribe via the email notification. The showthread template is not listed in the Find Updated Templates.
Is your copy of ./inc/datahandlers/post.php up to date?? What does it say the version is at the top of the file?? SHould have this:

$Id: post.php 5171 2010-08-02 21:13:47Z RyanGordon $
Verified I do have the current version. I did upgrade to 1.6 from 1.4.13 and the user had the same problem then.
Interesting... can you also check that your ./inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php file is this version??

$Id: messages.lang.php 5016 2010-06-12 00:24:02Z RyanGordon $

If it is, can you confirm that you/other users can use that link in a subscription email okay??
Interesting, I cannot subscribe to any threads, sort of. I click "Subscribe to this thread" without any errors but when I go to my User CP to verify my subscription I am greeted with "You're currently not subscribed to any forums." Yet, when I go back to the thread I have subscribed to it gives me the option to "Unsubscribe from this thread"

EDIT: Actually I attempted to subscribe to a thread under a "test" account and when I subscribe to a thread with my Admin account I can subscribe to a thread which I verified in the User CP.
Pages: 1 2