MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 domains 1 database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to have 1 database used by 2 domainnames.
Even for each domainame his own template?

erica

yes, as long as you can access the database from each domain. are these parked domains on the same account, or different domains on different accounts, or different domains on different accounts on different hosts?

also, do you want to share the database contents (same data for both forums) or have separate content?
The parked domains has different accounts host on the same hosts.
Both use MyBB, but different theme.
The first domain has the standaard content in more categories.
The second domain use only content in one categorie.
On the standaard domein I want to use a url-link to the second domain.
I like that users on the standaard domain can without login use the second domain.

Erica

(2010-10-21, 06:50 PM)erica Wrote: [ -> ]The parked domains has different accounts host on the same hosts. not an issue, just install MyBB to each using different databases for each
Both use MyBB, but different theme.
The first domain has the standaard content in more categories.
The second domain use only content in one categorie. none of these are an issue
On the standaard domein I want to use a url-link to the second domain. this is a built-in mybb feautre making forums external links
I like that users on the standaard domain can without login use the second domain. not possible to get cross-domain/database logins right now. there have been attempts to make plugins for them, but I am not sure where they are these days.

OK
Thnak''s for You answers.
Another question:
Is it possible to impletate a username and password in a url_link to login in a other forum.?

Erica
it is possible, but that is not secure.

you would need a plugin to login between the forums, however since you are using multiple domains that would be a third-party cookie and cookies from another domain issue which is not a prefered method
Ok
Thats clear.

Erica
FYI no one has seemed to explain how to accomplish your 2 domains 1 database...while installing MyBB asks for a prefix and mybb_ is default. Simply install your second forum with a different prefix like mybb2_ and everything will be fine. You could install 100 MyBB forums onto one database doing this (not recommended).

(2010-10-21, 11:19 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]FYI no one has seemed to explain how to accomplish your 2 domains 1 database...while installing MyBB asks for a prefix and mybb_ is default. Simply install your second forum with a different prefix like mybb2_ and everything will be fine. You could install 100 MyBB forums onto one database doing this (not recommended).

I asked about the setup in my first reply and since the answer was two accounts on one host, i left it at that.

the OP would need htaccess rewrites to send the second domain to another folder with the second mybb installation.

then with a plugin, can handle the cross forum logins, etc.
In any case the install has to have the mybb prefix unique.
Pages: 1 2